• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

annoyed!!

Living_a_lie

Mama Doe
Okay so I am now officially annoyed. My nephew (one year old) came round with my sister earlier and the rabbit was in the hutch and my sister keeps pulling his hands away from her hutch incase she bites.. and then I got her out and put her in the run whilst she was playing happily. Then my nephew picks up a long stick and starts shoving it places, including into the run (thank god my rabbit was at the opposite side) and I said to him 'NO!' and my sister laughed. I was like it's not funny because if he pokes her in the eye or anything, you'll be paying the :censored: vet bills!!! Anyway a bit later on she was feeding him his lunch of some kind of weird baby food - which he grabbed a handful of and then shoved it against the rabbit run so a bit fell in befor I knew what was happening. Again I told him off and my sister was like 'its Carrot!'. I don't give a **** what it is, I don't want my rabbit eating it! Who knows what else is in that stuff!! I hate my sister's attitude to my rabbit! It's like she thinks Selina doesn't matter. I have to watch my language around her son but it's okay for her to say that she would like to make Selina into clothing. I am so against the fur trade and an animal activist so she disgusts me in every way really but she keeps mentioning this fur thing and it winds me up!! Why can't people just respect my damn rabbit????

thats terrible :shock::shock: my sis in law was really good when she bought my nephew over, it was me who let him in the cage and when he tried to give Alvin his toy we quickly got him out for his own safety Alvin was boxing :shock::shock:

a bit of respect from your sis really isnt too much to ask for :evil::evil:

:shock::shock::shock:
That is awful.
I,m afraid i would be telling her not to come round again.

I would try telling her not to come round but it's my parents house so I have no choice :( I'm thinking the only thing I can do is just keep him away... as for the fur thing, the more I mention it and how disgusting it is, the more she says about it to wind me up. I might just treat her the same way she treats me and see what happens -sigh- just needed to rant really.

i think just work with him hun, even at that age they can under supervision be really good with animals. i think teaching him how to stroke (if he gets that close) and shusssh quiet with a tiny treat they are allowed works really well :D

your sis on the other hand needs a slap :evil::evil:

Oh yah I understand about my nephew, we have been trying to teach him to stroke but my sister is the one who drives me crazy!

My nephew hasn't quite got the hang of stroking though as she tends to sort slap so have to quickly diffuse the situation. -sigh-

stop mentioning the fur thing, laugh along and I guarantee you she'll stop it.
Is it possible to shut the rabbit in it's hutch/shed when your nephew is around? He's not old enough to understand how to treat animals and if she doesn't care it's useless to expect her to do anything about it.

I'm so glad my niece and nephew are so good with the animals, at 2&3 they both know not to try to pick up the rabbits and to be gentle when they stroke them, they both handle the mice very well and they're not fast enough to catch the chickens :lol: Hopefully your nephew will grow to respect your rabbit and you'll be able to trust him around her.

It's the parents attitude which affects the childrens attitude, unfortunately in your case.

My children were brought up with cats which we had before they were born, we then had our first rabbit when they were about 7 and 10. They have always had the greatest respect for all animals, as they were taught, when young, the appropriate way to treat them.

stop mentioning the fur thing, laugh along and I guarantee you she'll stop it.
Is it possible to shut the rabbit in it's hutch/shed when your nephew is around? He's not old enough to understand how to treat animals and if she doesn't care it's useless to expect her to do anything about it.

I'm so glad my niece and nephew are so good with the animals, at 2&3 they both know not to try to pick up the rabbits and to be gentle when they stroke them, they both handle the mice very well and they're not fast enough to catch the chickens :lol: Hopefully your nephew will grow to respect your rabbit and you'll be able to trust him around her.

I usually do leave her in the hutch unless I know they are going to be there all day because I don't want her in all day. I wouldn't let him touch my mice as like I say, he doesn't really have an understanding how to treat animals and he doesn't go near my hamster either. You're lucky to have understanding nephew and niece hahaah. He never picks her up though and only tries to pet her if I have her in my arms which has only happened a few times as I refrain from getting her out when they are here.

I can't understand what's so funny in winding up rabbit owners over their animals! I've had so many of these jokes I've lost count, I've also lost my patience and started giving out nasty answers (not nice I know). But sometimes they really deserve it!
Friend: If you let your two breed, I'll buy a snake.
Me: :censored::censored::censored::censored: off!
Friend's girlfriend: Darling, you deserved this.

Okay so I am now officially annoyed. My nephew (one year old) came round with my sister earlier and the rabbit was in the hutch and my sister keeps pulling his hands away from her hutch incase she bites.. and then I got her out and put her in the run whilst she was playing happily. Then my nephew picks up a long stick and starts shoving it places, including into the run (thank god my rabbit was at the opposite side) and I said to him 'NO!' and my sister laughed. I was like it's not funny because if he pokes her in the eye or anything, you'll be paying the :censored: vet bills!!! Anyway a bit later on she was feeding him his lunch of some kind of weird baby food - which he grabbed a handful of and then shoved it against the rabbit run so a bit fell in befor I knew what was happening. Again I told him off and my sister was like 'its Carrot!'. I don't give a **** what it is, I don't want my rabbit eating it! Who knows what else is in that stuff!! I hate my sister's attitude to my rabbit! It's like she thinks Selina doesn't matter. I have to watch my language around her son but it's okay for her to say that she would like to make Selina into clothing. I am so against the fur trade and an animal activist so she disgusts me in every way really but she keeps mentioning this fur thing and it winds me up!! Why can't people just respect my damn rabbit????

Ignorance is the reason, lack of compassion aswell, pity her and don't let her wind you up - thats why she is doing it probably.

Back