• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rascal's back from his neuter - quick Q

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Hiya

Well, Rascal's neuter went well, I picked him up around 4pm, he's in a pen in the living room at the mo and he's eaten some greens and some pellets (no hay yet tho), had a drink and done some poops (although a few of them do look a bit small and dry.... the others look ok).

He's just chilling at the mo and seems to be comfortable.

I just wondered when it would be ok to handle him again? Obviously at some point I'm going to have to get him back from the living room to his hutch (the vet suggested keeping him indoors for 2 days) and he has a check up on Sat so will need to get him in his carry case.

I don't want to hurt him by handling too soon!

Thanks, Jo x

Do you have a carry case? When my boys were done I used a carry case to move them about to save too much handling (you can pop a treat in to tempt him inside).

Glad he is doing well - poops will be variable after a GA, but it's good that he's doing some.

Hiya, thanks, yeah we do have a carry case, he's not keen on going in it though! lol

Will try that idea when I have to move him.

I was going to try and check the wound today .... well, just have a look to make sure he hasn't done anything at it, might just try and sneak a look when he's flopped instead!

Hiya, thanks, yeah we do have a carry case, he's not keen on going in it though! lol

Will try that idea when I have to move him.

I was going to try and check the wound today .... well, just have a look to make sure he hasn't done anything at it, might just try and sneak a look when he's flopped instead!

Definitely the easiest option is to check them when they're flopped :lol:

Back