• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding for a rabbit on antibiotics?

Dot

Warren Scout
Would anyone accept a rabbit for boarding that's on antibiotics? I've got to go away next week (no option to cancel) and one of my buns has just started a course of antibiotics for a minor chest infection. Not considered to be contagious (and none of my other buns are showing any signs of it).

Problem is that the person who was going to be looking after them doesn't want the responsibility of poorly bun, so I'm desperate for someone/ somewhere who will look after her and her sister for a few days.

What's my chances of finding bunny boarding for her, including at such short notice? :?

Would anyone accept a rabbit for boarding that's on antibiotics? I've got to go away next week (no option to cancel) and one of my buns has just started a course of antibiotics for a minor chest infection. Not considered to be contagious (and none of my other buns are showing any signs of it).

Problem is that the person who was going to be looking after them doesn't want the responsibility of poorly bun, so I'm desperate for someone/ somewhere who will look after her and her sister for a few days.

What's my chances of finding bunny boarding for her, including at such short notice? :?

Whereabouts are you?

How long are you going away for? I've left my buns at the vets before if Santa is poorly and I'm just away for a couple of nights - it saves the responsibility for anyone else and I know she's in the best place to be kept an eye on :) Might be worth asking your vet if they could do this for you?

We have taken bunnies in that need medicating, but it does depend on what the issues are. Doing the meds is no problem for some boarding places, it's just whether it puts other rabbits at risk or if it could compromise your own rabbits care.

Our vets take animals in for boarding too with nursing care, but it's not ideal for rabbits I guess if they aren't comfortable in their surroundings - animals making noise, strange smells etc.

Hopefully it's now sorted, but I'm in Lancashire, near Blackburn if anyone knows of any decent boarding places around there. Even if I don't need them now I'd like to know for future reference.

I'm not sure if the vets do boarding, though I think they'd get really stressed with it to be honest. They're not the bravest of bunnies at the best of times. It's not something I'd thought of though, so worth knowing it could be an option :)

Ive always taken on bunnies that need medicating, i looked after Santa and she was so well behaved when you gave her meds bless her.

If there was any bun that was seriously unwell but not contagious then i accept but the owner has to pay for the indoor room so i can keep a closer eye on them throughout the day, It is more but i think its a small price to pay if you know your bun is well looked after.

Back