• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do...

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Back story - Had a bonded four, opened them up to a new room too fast, Nutmeg got a nasty wound had to separate her in an indoor cage in the same room as the other three.

OK so I think the bond with Nutmeg and the lops is breaking down now. She's getting really territorial over her cage. When I do let her out if a lop comes up to her she thumps and runs away. She's also doing poos everywhere trying to mark the territory. There was boxing between the does this morning and Nutmeg tore out some fur from Mini's nose so I've had to block the sides of the cage so they can't get to one another at all.

Basically what I want to know is... should I leave her in the cage in that room or should I move her to another room and then try and bond afresh in the near future. I want to get lino in the bunny room so I was thinking I could get that done soonish, neutralise everything and start again. Or would it be better to try and keep what's left of the bond in tact? On Monday Nutmeg is going back to the vets and from Tuesday afternoon (dentist's :evil:) I should be able to be around to watch them but Friday and over the weekend I won't be around much.

Oh no, I can't advise but, I can imagine how awful your feeling - such a shame hopefully your gonna get some good advice. I suppose it would make sense to re-introduce ASAP as long as Nutmegs health can take it, in the neutral area etc

aww I know how you feel - I had the same with Mittens..
I would try again but in a totally neutral area and start again :(
Im considering this too with mine but dont want to compromise the 2 pairs now arggggghhhhh
I wopuld remove her from the area before any real bad feeling occurs between any bun - as it may make the rebonding difficult..

I've taken her cage out, at the moment just until Monday. On Monday I'll decide what to do after that. I just can't be doing with the worry at the moment.

I'm running out of neutral areas! I'm thinking I will get the lino done ASAP. The take them for a drive in the cage in their carrier, neutralise the room and dog crate as much as I can and set up a small area and start again.

I've taken her cage out, at the moment just until Monday. On Monday I'll decide what to do after that. I just can't be doing with the worry at the moment.

I'm running out of neutral areas! I'm thinking I will get the lino done ASAP. The take them for a drive in the cage in their carrier, neutralise the room and dog crate as much as I can and set up a small area and start again.

Do you want to do a group swap?? :lol: Least then it will be neutral and less stressful (maybe) - its disheartening after all the hard work isnt it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe it would be easier with someone else's rabbits!! Cor I really wish I hadn't opened up the study room now. *head-wall-bash*

Im afraid i would start again.... hopefully wont take as long though x

I've just had a thought. If I set something up downstairs again while my room is done then I won't have to worry about where to put them! Nutmeg can stay in the cage until she's all mended and until I arrange for it to be done.

And after that massive long thread and all your effort *sigh*

Well, I think the best thing is obviously to send nutmeg to me. She's the problem. Don't worry I'll look after her nice and Keither will give her plenty of loves :love:

If you're worried about smudge missing her you can send him too ;)

I've just had a thought. If I set something up downstairs again while my room is done then I won't have to worry about where to put them! Nutmeg can stay in the cage until she's all mended and until I arrange for it to be done.

Sounds perfect!

Least my other three are getting on ok.

_IGP8205-vi.jpg

_IGP8137-vi.jpg

I'll take Nutmeg! She's :love:

Hope you manage to get them back together, they are all so beautiful, good luck with 'the plan'!

Oh no what a shame. I would definitely treat it as a completely new bond now and take her well away and don't let her interact with them until you can try again somewhere neutral. If she's getting territorial over her cage you're only going to end up with bunny anger and that won't help.

I guess the small consolation is that you know that they can bond - hopefully the fight and wound won't make her too defensive or aggressive towards the others when you try again.

Good luck x

She seems really content in her cage downstairs now. It's at the corner where our two sofas meet so she has great fun when we're around running up and down the sofas. She seems so settled I'm thinking if the bond doesn't work out I might *gasp* leave her on her own. She's turned into a people's rabbit rather than a rabbit's rabbit.

And, would you believe it, her litter training has been immaculate since :shock: She was leaving my poos everywhere and wees in strategic places round my bedroom. The most we've had since... three poos which have probably escaped when she jumped out the box.

End of next week I'm going to drag my Dad to go look at lino :thumb:

Back