• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smurfy has gone to the Bridge

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
On Tuesday night. Some time between 3.15am and 7.00am Smurfy left for Rainbow Bridge.

She had played outside that night with CoCo Chanel, then come in had a bum bath, then her supper (her usual routine) and seemed her usual self.

Twice in the night 1.30am and 3.15am I heard a noise and went in to check them both and they were fine. At 3.15am Smurfy actually licked my hand a few times as I stroked her, like she was saying goodbye, but I didn't know that at the time.

When I went in at 8.00am Smurfy was gone and her little body cold. She had her head resting on the food bowl. Typical Smurf, she probably planned it that way she loved her grub! I am glad she slipped away at home and didn't have to go to the vets to be pts.

I will bury her in my garden in her office box.

I will post her last dialogue with Beige at the weekend.

Oh No!! Im so sorry.
May I say though, she slipped away when she was ready on her own.
Bless her little heart.Night Night Smurfy.xxx

aww sweetie I am so sorry to here this, it is awful losing one, but like you said it was nice she went at home in her comfort,
Thinking off you
Hugs
Kelly xx

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about Smurfy. :cry::cry: Sleep tight precious little one. xx

Im really sorry.

I am always thankful when mine slip away at home, I would hate to have to PTS..... I wouldnt be able to drive home. xxx

Binky free Smurfy xx

I'm really sorry. It sounds like she was very much content though, if you can take any comfort from that :)

Back