• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plucking

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I have heard a lot of you say that you pluck your buns to help out with their moult...I am being a bit thick here. But what the devil do you mean??:oops::lol:

The loose fur tends to stick out in tufts, slightly further than the rest - just gently pull it and it comes away. :D:D Don't pull too hard, because you can end up plucking fur that isn't ready to be pulled. ;)

You can often see loose bits of fur just hanging out, so we gently pull them out. And you can just gently tease loose fur out with your fingers if they're moulting - you can get huge piles of loose fur out for them.

Ooooh, and if the fur isn't very tufty (Bubbles's isn't) you can rub them over with damp hands or a damp cloth and lots of hairs come out.

Okay I had visions of tweezers and stuff.. very relieved don't have to do Bobbys eyebrows :shock:, she may actually beat me

imagine you are milking a cow but not quite so hard :) the fur doesn't have to be tufting out to pull it out, any moulting fur will be pulled out between your fingers and thumbs.

imagine you are milking a cow but not quite so hard :) the fur doesn't have to be tufting out to pull it out, any moulting fur will be pulled out between your fingers and thumbs.

oh yeah, i gave sebastian a saddle from doing that :lol:

Okay will give it a go, hopefully she will sit still ... can not see that happening tho, she wants to be everywhere that she shouldn't:roll:

Okay will give it a go, hopefully she will sit still ... can not see that happening tho, she wants to be everywhere that she shouldn't:roll:

try putting a bowl of pellets in front of her, again just like our bovine friends :lol::lol:

try putting a bowl of pellets in front of her, again just like our bovine friends :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: good idea, I swear the house could be on fire, and Bobby would still stop to finish her food..:lol:

Carlo will sit there being groomed all day, I think cos Bobs refuses to groom him poor lad :cry:

the only way i can get fur out of Alvin is to pluck him while hes not looking :oops::oops: me. him and a brush didnt get on very well, thats the day i found out how high he can jump vertically and he actually spits.

i need to get ste to grab him before he goes back to scotland this weekend so i can pluck Alvins feet

plucking is the only way in our house :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have to pluck earl he hates it!!! I have to sneak up behind him and pull the tufts from around his tail really quick!!!

He spins round and gives me the evils and then runs off and hides for 15 minutes!

Its the only way as he is a gummy bunny he cant get them himself and I dont want him to matt

the only way i can get fur out of Alvin is to pluck him while hes not looking :oops::oops: me. him and a brush didnt get on very well, thats the day i found out how high he can jump vertically and he actually spits.

i need to get ste to grab him before he goes back to scotland this weekend so i can pluck Alvins feet

plucking is the only way in our house :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes Bobby will actually kill me I think :oops:

I pull out Daisy and Jester's tufts for them too, sometimes they don't mind but other times they'll spin round and give me the 'how dare you' look :lol:

there was a tufty i missed this morning that got me introuble but i was brave and went in again.. i wooooonnnnnn :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

there was a tufty i missed this morning that got me introuble but i was brave and went in again.. i wooooonnnnnn :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hahaaa.. Oh it is a big game to those bun buns isn't it??

Giant Bunny Mummy... honestly the looks my girlie bunny gives me makes my blood freeze:oops:

I do this with Blue when he is snuggling...theres no way I could do his feet though :shock:
He's a tuft monster :love:

Back