• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long for second plum to drop?

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Bit of a weird question, but Noah has to stay at the rescue until his nuetered. One of his plums has dropped and the other hasn't. Does anyone know roughly how long this could be?

They either have to wait for both to drop and then nueter or "dig" the other one out during the nueter (more invasive).

I dont know how long it takes...

But when i took George to be neutered, we all thought he was a she because he didnt have any plums...

But when the vet was trying to spay him.. he found the plums.. :lol:
But they hadnt 'droped' and he took them out there and then... after he asked us of course.

Im sure they are able to neuter him.. with only 1 dropped... they should be able to find the other and remove them both...

I guess it depends on the vets and who is incharge of the bun.

Or... he might only have one? ;) :lol:

They are hoping it will drop soon because it would be less invasive to chop them off as a pose to having to dig it out. I just want him nuetered!

I have a bunny whos second plumb didn't drop we waited till he was 18 months and ended up needing for him to go through the bigger op ... The vet found it attached to one of his kidneys so It would never had droped in its own accord. He had to stay in over night but apart for that he is doing great and healing great

Back