• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home checks

Does anyone have a link or document that they use as a checklist/guide when doing home checks?

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction :)

Thanks. :wave:

if you contact a rescue direct they will tell you thier requirements. i dont think theres a general list as it varies from rescue to rescue :wave::wave:

Hiya haven't got a document but have past a home check.

They are mainly looking for how much space you have so not a four foot hutch or something like that.

Whether there is anything dagerous in the space the rabs will be kept eg. Wires, toxic plants.

Whether you have young children (not saying that they would say no, just maybe if it was a bunny that wouldn't suit young children)

if you have any other pets and would this cause issues?... what you would feed.. like don't feed it pizza :lol:

The homecheck I had was informal and the ladie (Tracey) was lovely (I was sooo nervous)

she looked at Bobby so she could see that she was well looked after.

If they do want you to change something about the living space they will just advise you of the things they would change I think.

Are you thinking of rescuing then? :love:

It depends on the individual rescue, ive done a few homechecks, i just chat with them before i go in to makesure i cover everything they want to know :D

Oh just to add agree with the others, each rescue is diff but I am sure they look at space and what could be potential dangers to our furry friends

I will pm you a copy of our homecheck form..but rescues do vary
and I always say to checker alot is down to gut instinct..sometimes all seems fine but you just get a feeling..sorry if that doesn't help but it's true:?

They'll just have a chat with you and as Honeybunny said, a lot of it is gut instinct. It;s to make sure you will give bun the best care and know it's a big commitment. It's also for you to ask questions:)

They will want to see the bun will be living to make sure it is suitable. They willl ask you what your plan is for bun when you go on holiday and make sure you are willing give any vetinary care he/she needs.

They will want to make sure you haven't got six hungry Doberman's in thegarden and no rabbit recipies in the kitchen ;)

I will pm you a copy of our homecheck form..but rescues do vary
and I always say to checker alot is down to gut instinct..sometimes all seems fine but you just get a feeling..sorry if that doesn't help but it's true:?

I agree with this. Ive done homechecks for various rescues - all the homechecking forms are similar. When i do a homecheck, i always think to myself 'would i leave my own bunnies here' It kind of gives you an idea, if that makes sense :? x

Back