• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi new to rabbits

Hi i normally rescue guinea pigs but was given a rabbit on sunday the she had babies on tues i've found three stillborns and think there in one still alive.

i know not to touch the nest or touch the babies.

any imfo be great, as havn't a clue.

also when do i know how many in there? when do they leave the nest? once they leave the nest do you clean out? can i add iteams to the hutch? she has two tier hutch and the uper area is the toilet and i want to add a litter tray. It was a last min thing getting her and i didn't have any thing for her so feel bad. i happen to find the babies as i went to go sort her hutch out after a trip to pet store. i'm just glad i had a good set up for her.

oh poor bun, and what a shock for you!
If you post in the rabbit chat section more people will see it there.
I think someone else will know better but probably best not to add anything to the hutch until the baby is out of the nest. She's probably very stressed already, poor little bun.

Back