• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics from Highland Wildlife Park & Reindeer feeding

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Chris & I went to the Highland Wildlife Park so i could see Mercedes the polar bear that used to stay in Edinburgh Zoo, she has a much bigger enclosure now, thank goodness!

We also went to feed the wild reindeer herd in the Cairngorms.

Here are some pics from the weekend.
P1010816.jpg

P1010815.jpg

P1010808.jpg

P1010804.jpg

P1010800.jpg

P1010750.jpg

P1010748.jpg

P1010744.jpg

P1010725.jpg

P1010695.jpg

Lovely pics! I'm jelous you got to feed reindeer. We went there a couple of years ago and I loved it. Seeing the animals in such big enclosures was great :love: Can't wait to go back to see Mercedes - I hated seeing her in Edinburgh Zoo in that wee prison :(

They are lovely photos.
we have also been to feed the reindeer at Avimore. It's a brilliant experience, isn't it. xx

Yip, i would highly recommend it o everyone, it's great how they all follow you then they all wait around cos they know that food is there!!

Lovely pics! I'm jelous you got to feed reindeer. We went there a couple of years ago and I loved it. Seeing the animals in such big enclosures was great :love: Can't wait to go back to see Mercedes - I hated seeing her in Edinburgh Zoo in that wee prison :(

I know, her enclosure was god awful, she has loads of space now :):)

Oooh these made me excited :) I'm going next month with a friend. It's been about 10+ years since I was there last.

Great photos.

Lovely pics! I might have to perswade ali taht we need to visit, we went to Edinburgh zoo a few years back and i felt so sorry for the poor polar bear, it's enclosure was tiny!

Wrap up warm for the reindeer!! It's chilly up them hills - brrrrrr...

Oh we're not going to see the reindeer, just the wildlife park :) I do love the reindeer though, saw them a couple of years ago. My Mum used to work at the Cairngorm centre.

Kermit - do you have to be in a car to see the park? It's just I don't drive, would hate to go all that way and be disappointed.

Kermit - do you have to be in a car to see the park? It's just I don't drive, would hate to go all that way and be disappointed.

There is a drive through area and a walk through area.

I dont think thay have a bus or anything to go through the driving part, so if you couldnt drive yourself then you wouldnt be able to see that part.

You can see mercedes from the walk through part, but you do get different views if you can drive too. You would miss out on seeing the bison/buffalo, wild ponies, deer and a few things like that.

I also think it would be a really hard place to get to without a car.
Maybe call the park and they will be able to tell you if they do special bus type tours or anything like that.

There is a drive through area and a walk through area.

I dont think thay have a bus or anything to go through the driving part, so if you couldnt drive yourself then you wouldnt be able to see that part.

You can see mercedes from the walk through part, but you do get different views if you can drive too. You would miss out on seeing the bison/buffalo, wild ponies, deer and a few things like that.

I also think it would be a really hard place to get to without a car.
Maybe call the park and they will be able to tell you if they do special bus type tours or anything like that.

Aww, thanks. I know we can get there, the train to Aviemore, then the CityLink bus stops at the park. That's such a shame you can't just walk through the drive bit! :lol: I'll have to see if there's any buses or landrovers going through, things like that. I'll call them. Thanks.

Oh yay! I'm so glad that Mercedes has a new home, I always felt so sorry for her at the zoo, she looked so sad

lovely pictures, i like the ponies!

Back