• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claw Pulled Out!

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Jasmine looks like she's pulled her claw back somehow?? It's still there but she's bleeding at her claw. Is an emergency vet trip in order again? Or can it wait until tomorrow so I can see the better vet?

Try putting some flour on it, see it that stems the blood flow. Also some pressure. If it doesn't stop get her to a vet.

It's stopped bleeding and the claw has come off, we've put pressure on it and going to put a styptic pencil on now

As long as it's not bleeding much, then just clean the wound up using water and some diluted hibiscrub if you have it. And use corn flour to stop the bleeding if needed. If the bleeding is quite a bit then the vet is needed

A couple of times mine have caught their claws. Once I only knew cos I found the claw! Still don't know which bunny it was! The other time I saw blood from Mischa's paw and googled and did the flour thing and it stopped really quick.

Oh no, is she still putting weight on it? If so Id bathe it with some cooled boiled water and salt and get her to the vets tommorow, unless you think its really bothering her.
Vibes for Jasmines little claw hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah she was hopping around fine, just put her down again and she's putting weight on it. I had a complete panic because there was blood everywhere, I thought she had reopened her spay again :cry:

I'll ring the vet's tomorrow, just need to bathe it with some Epsom salts and water. Do you think I should keep her inside tonight?

My holly did this nicola and as long as you use cornflour or flour all will be well, try not to worry my holly was fine the next day. xxxxx

My holly did this nicola and as long as you use cornflour or flour all will be well, try not to worry my holly was fine the next day. xxxxx

I got a bit hysterical when I saw all the blood and thought it was her spay wound again but I've calmed down now! I've fed her some parsley just waiting for the water to cool.

What will the vet do? xxx

Well you couldnt have panicked more than me i rushed to the vets the blood loss was horrific!
all the vet did was put some stypic powder on it and sent me home, how is she now? it usually stops really quickly. xxxxx

Well you couldnt have panicked more than me i rushed to the vets the blood loss was horrific!
all the vet did was put some stypic powder on it and sent me home, how is she now? it usually stops really quickly. xxxxx

It stopped pretty much straight away, she's hopping fine now. She must wait until she knows the vets closed to do these things! I think she has a fancy man at the emergency surgery.

I gave it a salt bath, I'll give her another one tomorrow. She was digging on me and she's ripped OH to shreds, ungrateful little minx! xxxx

I'm sure she'll be right as rain tomorrow. :) I've had the vets clip them and all they do is put a bit of pressure on or that stuff to stop the bleeding too. I rarely cut them myself anymore, just in case! :oops:
Poor girlie though, ripping it off sounds painful, but it's good that she's putting weight on it. Bless her, she's really running you through it lately! x

I know :( she's so silly! I just need to breathe now! x

It is very scary indeed i burst into tears because i thought holly was dying :roll:
all the vet did was put this powder on and sent us home and said apply pressure and use cornflour if you have nothing else, anyway it was fine the next day. xxxxxxxxxxxx

It is very scary indeed i burst into tears because i thought holly was dying :roll:
all the vet did was put this powder on and sent us home and said apply pressure and use cornflour if you have nothing else, anyway it was fine the next day. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun. I had a massive panic and started crying when I saw all the blood, but I'm calm now. Honest :oops: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have found three claws since having my two and only once did I see which bun it came from! Never had any bother with it and the blood on Pye stopped pretty quick but there was a lot of it!

Hope she's ok hun, can't see her needing emergency treatment esp if she's putting weight on it xxx

What a nightmare! Just when you're getting over the other trouble! Hopefully it'll be ok. I have no advice whatsoever, but you can have a malteaser if you like, or a quality street, or roses, or miniature hero, or thorntons or homemade fudge, or homemade caramel square or a square of lindt mousse chocolate......??? Yes! End of term when every small child thinks that noone else will buy their teacher chocolate!!! :roll:

Thank you :) I hope you got some teddies and scented candles too :D

I know, I think they enjoy watching me flap xxxx

Back