• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Q

Domino27

Mama Doe
Just a quick one, my minilop, whenever the weather is hot i.e. lately, gets squidgy poos. She never has a messy bottom though....never changed her diet or anything. Any suggestions? I'm constantly moving her run to avoid flies etc

One of my buns is prone to excess caecal poos. She actually stopped altogether for a couple of months but since we've had the hot weather there have been LOADS of them :shock: Hopefully it is just the hot weather and things will go back to normal. Do clean them up if you can (never-ending task that it is at the moment) as they do, as you say, attract flies!

Yes one of my mums has the same problem.

Bit embarrassing but I do occassionally too think its just the heat. As you said try and clean it up as much as you can

My bun Sooty has been like that lately too, I couldn't work out why but now that you mention it he was like that once last year when it was hot, so he must be the same.
I've just been putting sheets of paper down where he usually does it (luckily it's usually in the same place) so I can just pick it up and bin it.

Back