• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding/ spaying

blue_vix

Mama Doe
I might be getting ahead of myself here but thought might as well ask. I would like lola and mindy to bond (althought I know this may be difficult being two girls, but lola was free ranging in a group of un-neutered girls where I got her from as they where breeding) should I get them both spade first or bond first so they can go to get spade together?

How long after a new bun arriving home would you leave it before spaying- wait til they settle or asap? I let treacle settle first and she was at the point of coming and sitting on my knee but then after her spaying we ended up back at square one and 5 weeks later shes still looking at me like I'm the source of all evil :?

Bumping this up so others will see :wave:

I think it would be *almost* impossible to bond two un-neutered healthy adult females.. There's a pretty high chance of fighting which could result in serious injuries. It's always better to neuter both, leave them 6-8 weeks for their hormone levels to drop right down then attempt bonding.

Will you be doing the bonding yourself?

I'm sorry Treacle isn't friends with you at the moment, i've found with mine the females tend to be quieter for a while after neutering but the males seem there usual attention seeking selves :lol:

Hmm Treacle must have know I posted that, she came and gave me a nudge :D.. then promptly ran off.

I have contacted a local rescue who said they will help me with bonding for a donation, so I will have them side by side for the 10 or so weeks I guess until they can be bonded- and see how it's looking.

Bumping this up so others will see :wave:

I think it would be *almost* impossible to bond two un-neutered healthy adult females.. There's a pretty high chance of fighting which could result in serious injuries. It's always better to neuter both, leave them 6-8 weeks for their hormone levels to drop right down then attempt bonding.
I had two un-neutered adult females before and at that time, I had to bond them because I just borrowed the other hutch and I had to return it. It was fine for a few minutes but it ended in a fight so I had to separate them. I tried again after 2 days and went on every other day, which went very well because they didn't fight at all. Unfortunately, three days after sharing one hutch, I looked in the hutch with hurt and dismay, seeing them both dead. :cry:

Back