• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mite products:

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
What are the best producta to use? Domino has mild mites i noticed yesterday so want to get something asap but theres so many products, whats best?

When Toffee had mites, the vet gave us

Genitrix

xeno 450

found an image :lol:

Xeno%20Ultra%20450.JPG

It cleared them up nicely :)

Link to VetUk

Last edited:
What are the best producta to use? Domino has mild mites i noticed yesterday so want to get something asap but theres so many products, whats best?

Are the drop on products able to killmites? I'm sure they do, they're a few quid from asda or morrisons that I've seen, clearly labeled for rabbits xxx

i saw this online and thought it looked good, how much was in a pack?

i want to do all three so trying to work out if i need to buy three to do so!

i saw this online and thought it looked good, how much was in a pack?

i want to do all three so trying to work out if i need to buy three to do so!

There is 6 tubes, i had to apply 3 of them along his back once a fortnight for Toffee :wave:

it says: Apply 1 tube per kg bodyweight onto the skin on the back of the neck and down the spine.

Last edited:
As per Abbymarysmokey the Bephar spot on is brill!! The active ingredient is Ivermectin which is exactly what the vets give via injection for mites! Daisy had a bad case a few months back and it cleared it up quickly no trouble! Got mine from Pets at Home!

ETA: each little box has 4 doses so enough for your 3 :D

Last edited:
As per Abbymarysmokey the Bephar spot on is brill!! The active ingredient is Ivermectin which is exactly what the vets give via injection for mites! Daisy had a bad case a few months back and it cleared it up quickly no trouble! Got mine from Pets at Home!

ETA: each little box has 4 doses so enough for your 3 :D

You can buy ivermectin direct which does the same thing and is much cheaper if you have a few buns. It keeps for a while in the fridge too.

Link http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Easimec-Ivermectin-05-10ml/productinfo/IVE1/ it gives you dosage instructions as well.

You can buy ivermectin direct which does the same thing and is much cheaper if you have a few buns. It keeps for a while in the fridge too.

Link http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Easimec-Ivermectin-05-10ml/productinfo/IVE1/ it gives you dosage instructions as well.

Ooh hadn't realised you can actually buy it thanks!

Fluffiebunnie mites are sometimes picked up from hay especially if you feed farm baled stuff! It looks a bit like bunny is moulting with a bit of dandruff! Sometimes if you look at the skin in the affected area it can look a little bit flakey!

Ooh hadn't realised you can actually buy it thanks!

Fluffiebunnie mites are sometimes picked up from hay especially if you feed farm baled stuff! It looks a bit like bunny is moulting with a bit of dandruff! Sometimes if you look at the skin in the affected area it can look a little bit flakey!

Thank you. My vet has said Twinkle has ear mites, but has given her antibiotic drops which is not helping.. Just wondered if I got the spot on stuff it would clear the ear mites up?

I do buy baled farm hay and she has been unwell so I think they have taken over a bit...

Should I get some spot on? Its only her ears at the moment causing her trouble, although she is grooming herself a lot which I just thought was becauswe I had been handling her a lot.

Thank you. My vet has said Twinkle has ear mites, but has given her antibiotic drops which is not helping.. Just wondered if I got the spot on stuff it would clear the ear mites up?

I do buy baled farm hay and she has been unwell so I think they have taken over a bit...

Should I get some spot on? Its only her ears at the moment causing her trouble, although she is grooming herself a lot which I just thought was becauswe I had been handling her a lot.

You should discuss any new treatment with your vet, especially because she is already on medication, they could interact with each other. Your vet also needs to know that the treatment they have given is not working

Ivermectin can be used to treat ear and skin mites, but if the inside of the ear is crusty-looking this may need to be removed manually by your vet. If Twinkle is grooming or scratching a lot have a look for skin mite signs, flaky skin when you part it and possibly bald patches.

Its definatly only domino that is showing signs at the moment and its so mild so its a very new thing, have treated them all to be on the safe side, but havent touched them since so all boarders are completly fine, changed clothes etc.

Ive used xeno 450. The only advice Id give is to keep an eye on your bun once you've administered the product, some buns have a reaction to it & if he does be careful what shampoo you use when washing it off as some shampoos have ivermectin in them & the poor bun ends up having an overdose

Back