• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metacam ok if having GA in morning?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Jester needs a dental and is going in tomorrow morning. I knew he wasn't right this morning as he wouldn't have his grass, and had a wet patch on his chin. He's been nibbling hay and pellets today, but only a little and his poo output is minimal. No vets available to see him but luckily managed to get him in to see the nurse who used to work for FHB and is very good.

But, as he's not eating much can I give him some metacam or should I not as he's having a GA in the morning?

Trying to phone to ask but no-one's answering and I know they're all hectic with ops and emergencies today, hence no vets available.

Yep, I've given metacam loads of times before a GA and there have been no issues. Just make sure you jot down any meds you've given (with times) on the admittance form thingy

Back