• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed with bonding in Cardiff

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
I move in to my new house tomorrow, and am hoping to bond Daisy and Gizmo. They know each others smells etc as they have been in adjoining cages since I got Daisy in May. Is there anyone around Cardiff who has experience bonding rabbits, who would be willing to bond my two? Or just anyone who can give me a pretty much step by step plan of what to do? I have no idea where to start, do I just put them in together and see what happens??? :?
I'm terrified its all going to go wrong and they're going to hurt each other! :(
I just want them to be happy and loved up, but am scared i'll do something wrong and end up with two injured bunnies who hate each other!
Please help!!

I've never done it - i just wanted to say good luck! I'm from near there. :wave:

Hoping some one can give some good advice!

Thank you :) Am hoping someone will be along soon to offer some advice! I know that I need to use a neutral, small space, but thats all i know! :(

that was exactly what I was looking for :D Thank you :) I'm still slightly terrified tho! He's so huge compaired to tiny little Daisy!

Alice swears by the trip in the car in the same carrier technique if having started to seem friendly they then turn on each other. Indeed I've done a bunny run with two unbonded buns recently and by the time they arrived at their destination 3h later they were well and truly bonded :lol:.

Good luck with this.

Alice swears by the trip in the car in the same carrier technique if having started to seem friendly they then turn on each other. Indeed I've done a bunny run with two unbonded buns recently and by the time they arrived at their destination 3h later they were well and truly bonded :lol:.

Good luck with this.

Really?? Because at the moment they are in adjoining cages in my housemates room (she doesnt know because everyone is home for summer apart from me and my furry babies :lol::lol: need to keep my room neutral!)
There has been lots of sniffing through the bars, normally when one has got their veg or pellets first, but they don't seem to flop out next to each other, one will flop against the adjoining wall while the other does whatever. They have both flopped out against the wall, just at different times, unless they wait until i'm not watching to do it!! :lol:
I'm still too scared to take the plunge. :oops::oops:
So if I put them both in a carrier, before they have officially met, they're unlikely to kill each other? Gizmo doesnt seem to mind being in the car, he's a very well travelled bunny! But poor Daisy gets terrified :(
If I do take them out in the car, would I then put them in a small neutral area when we got back? Sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure I do it all right :)

Back