• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets U/D We're back

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
To see about their sneezing, especially my angel boy Timmy. Its actually calmed down alot over the last couple of days but they have the appointment made so Im going to take them anyway. Get their chests listened to, ears checked and weight taken. Oh and nails clipped coz I hate doing it myself so may aswell get them to do it while Im there ;)
Hope their chests are clear :? Would you expect them to put them on abx anyway?
Im worried about taking Mimi incase it knocks her off balance again. Im hoping shes so well now that it wont affect her, my god the guilt if it does. No choice really though, they both need checking over because theyve both been sneezing.
My vet is either going to think that Im completely paranoid if theres nothing wrong, or a bunny abuser if there is :roll: I'll be soooo proud to show off how well mimis doing now though :D
Vibes for Tim Tim and Moomoo please. I HAAAAATE vets visits as much as they do :(

Last edited:
Good luck at the vets :D You have reminded me to get the vet to check their nails...

I think you have no choice but to take them if you are concerned. You would be wrong not to, so dont blame yourself if Mimi does not like the trip out. It has to be done!

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Thankyou :D
Im abit worried my vets going to think Im abit para, but if I was a vet id just be happy to see someone being vigilant about their pets health. And after Mimi had the infection I think its important to get to the bottom of the sneezing.
Fingers crossed for Hay Fever xxx

most vets would rather us get in early than have to treat something that has become untreatable i would guess. i think your vet will be happy you care, must be pretty frustrating for them when owners just dont :(

most vets would rather us get in early than have to treat something that has become untreatable i would guess. i think your vet will be happy you care, must be pretty frustrating for them when owners just dont :(

Agree completely.. they will think you are a good owner :)

Better be safe than sorry hun fingers crossed I forgot to update my Bobby thread she is fine perfect teeth :love:

So hopefully some of my good luck will rub off

We're back!

Its good news :)
Both of their chests are clear, temperatures are normal, ears are clean and guts feel good. The vet thinks their sneezing is probably caused by some sort of allergen in the air now that we have the windows open all the time. He said to try closing the windows when it starts to rain but we'd all boil (especially the furries) if we closed the windows in this heat :roll:
He's given us something called Tonivit to give them for a few days, which is a mixture of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and ammino acids to give them a boost. So its a case of keeping an eye on them and taking them back in a few days if the sneezing gets worse.
Theyve both gobbled a treat since coming home and are now relaxing under the bed. It was abit of an ordeal for them especially in this heat but they tend to bounce back quite quickly, especially Mimi. Shes hopping about like normal now but Timmys sulking :roll::lol: Its always much worse for him because hes been coddled since he was a baby, always lived in the same place. Hes not as hardy as my street girl Mimi ;)
I feel better having got them checked over. If the sneezing gets any worse they'll be sending samples away for testing etc so I think my vets on the case :)

Thanks everyone :wave:

They've calmed down loads now, its just the stoopid heat bothering them now :roll:

The vits do not taste nice so is gonna be hard to get into them, was hoping I would beable to hide it in a piece of fruit but hasnt worked so far. Dont really wanna stress them out forcing it down them in this weather but might have to :roll:

Donnamt's trick of bread is working really well with Nutmeg. She gets so stressed so I think a small bit of bread is preferable to a stressed rabbit.

Back