• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Friend For Bailey?

BaileyBunn

Warren Scout
Hi all, At the moment im really stuck over wether to get another bunn to keep Bailey company... ive just moved back home with my mum for a few months, the student house i was in before was perfect as i knew and trusted all the people that lived there and we had a spare box room that Bailey had her cage in, but as im going to be going back in to student houses in a few months...im worried as i wont know the people im going to be living and dont know if ill be able to trust leaving baileys cage in a spare room or conservitory with people i dont know having access to her...(ex: they could smoke over her or just scare her or somthing.) I tried having her sleep in my room at my last house and it bought my asthema back so thats not really a long term option ether. My mum has hinted that she would be willing to keep Bailey at her house, which will only be 20 mins from where ill be living anyway, but said she wouldnt be comfortable with out her having another bunn for company as she cant give her all the attention she needs. soooo im really stuck as i love having Bailey with me but at the same time i want her to be in a safe, comfortable and happy environment. My other question is probley an obvious one, but how much more mess/trouble are 2 buns rather than one, i thought maybe Baileys litter training/destruction of carpet etc... might actually calm down if she had a friend, whats everyones experiance with this? sorry to ramble on, this is just a really important to me and ive been trying to come to a decision for the past 6 weeks and have got no where so thought it would be best to ask all you guys :)
Thanks for any replys x

Hi :wave:

Personally, I would take up your Mum's offer (as long as your Mum is trustworthy!;)). I agree with you about leaving her with people you don't know. I couldn't bear the thought of someone letting her out or feeding her bad food as a "joke", that maybe taking it to the extreme but you just don't know, do you?!

At least you will be close enough to visit her regularly. I have only had 2 buns together, but mess-wise I don't think it will make much difference. If I only had one bun, I would still have the same litter trays/hay buckets to clean out every day. I guess with a friend she would be less likely to get bored enough to want to trash her living space! Well, in theory anyway!:lol:

Definately get her a friend! All buns need a friend anyway, unless you're literally with them 24/7. Check out RR for a handsom husbun. ;)

I would take your mum's offer - a friend for Bailey and only 20 minutes away so you could see them often... sounds ideal :D

If your mums is only 20 mins from where you'd be staying then why not both stay with your mum you and Bailey and also get a husbun. The mess is not a lot more. I've jumped from one to four in the last few months and don't think I spend that much more time cleaning up after them.

I had a nightmare finding a landlord that allow pets for next year as well. I have known quite a few people who have gotten caught out by the 'no pets allowed' clause and had to make alternative arrangements. I got my landlord to put it in writing as well as I had a previous bad experience with one who changed his mind about pets being allowed! I went all through the home check proceedure and everything for a rescue dog then when I asked him to provide a letter to prove I was allowed animals he said he wouldn't because one dog in the house was enough. nightmare!:roll:

Back