• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella and Archie are home :) UPDATE Advice please!

Letichia

Alpha Buck
Hey everyone

Well everything went smoothly between Bella and Archie so they have come home tonight:)
They both seem to get on fine although they haven't been sitting together yet but i'm sure they will soon as their bond grows.
Archie, bless him, seems very nervous in his new surroundings but this was expected as he is quite a shy bun. I'm hoping that with lots of TLC he will come around and once he has settled in start introducing him to lots of lovely veggies:).
I have to thank ARC once again for being excellent in bonding Bella and Archie and all their hard work and effort that goes into looking after the bunnies. We are eternally grateful:)

Will definitely put up some pictures once Archie has settles in a bit more
Letichia x

Last edited:
Thanks guys:)
Archie is a grey lop:love:

Unfortunately, they had a fight this morning which resulted in Archie's ear being bitten:cry:. So i took him to the vet for an antibiotic injection to prevent infection and have put them back in a small dog cage. All is ok at the moment there have been a few incidents of chasing and Bella has been grooming Archie.

I'm not sure what else to do apart from keep them in the cage for the remainder of the day
Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Letichia x

Glad they are home! :D

Sorry to hear about his ear! Poor Archie :(

Keep them in the cage for today/tonight and see how they go :)

What was they in when they had a fight?

Glad they are home! :D

Sorry to hear about his ear! Poor Archie :(

Keep them in the cage for today/tonight and see how they go :)

What was they in when they had a fight?

Ok i will do thanks :)

They where in their hutch and then also started chasing in their run. Usually they can run round the shed too, but i didn't allow this as i didn't want to give them too much space.
When they start chasing should i let them sort it out or intervene? i have been separating them when they start because i don't want either of them to get hurt.

Thanks again x

Ok i will do thanks :)

They where in their hutch and then also started chasing in their run. Usually they can run round the shed too, but i didn't allow this as i didn't want to give them too much space.
When they start chasing should i let them sort it out or intervene? i have been separating them when they start because i don't want either of them to get hurt.

Thanks again x

chasing is expected. i left mine to sort it out... unless it started to get to much then i would stop them.
Just keep an eye on them and step in when you think you should :)

Thank you very much for your advice, will stick at it then.
Bella is currently giving him a nice groom:) I'm right in thinking this is a good sign?

Thank you very much for your advice, will stick at it then.
Bella is currently giving him a nice groom:) I'm right in thinking this is a good sign?

That is a good sign! :)
I got very excited when Fuzzy groomed George... and then Daisy groomed him.. i think i was jumping up and down :lol: :oops:

That is a good sign! :)
I got very excited when Fuzzy groomed George... and then Daisy groomed him.. i think i was jumping up and down :lol: :oops:

Yes i'm the same!! I think i get a bit too excited!
Am i allowed to give them some veg or will this just cause more chasing?

Yes i'm the same!! I think i get a bit too excited!
Am i allowed to give them some veg or will this just cause more chasing?

i suppose you can, if you hand feed? or skatter it around their cage..
I put some in with mine, but they wasnt interested... Toffee went round and hoovered it all up :lol:

You can try it. if they start to chase.. take it out? :)

i suppose you can, if you hand feed? or skatter it around their cage..
I put some in with mine, but they wasnt interested... Toffee went round and hoovered it all up :lol:

You can try it. if they start to chase.. take it out? :)

Have given them some Kale with no problems at all. Archie didn't want it at first but he has had a little bit now:)
There is still some chasing going on but Bella is also still grooming him, so i think i will keep them in the cage until at least tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all your advice:) xxx

Have given them some Kale with no problems at all. Archie didn't want it at first but he has had a little bit now:)
There is still some chasing going on but Bella is also still grooming him, so i think i will keep them in the cage until at least tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all your advice:) xxx

Glad there hasnt been anymore trouble :)
Chasing is always expected when bonding :) Hope the grooming continues! :D

Back