• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spent half an hour chasing a stray bunny!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Pulled into my culdesac earlier to find a bunny in the middle of the road. It was a domestic one and some people seeing me stop said it belonged to the house on the corner and was "always out". After half an hour of me and the OH chasing him through peoples gardens the family came home.

The man claims he forgot to lock the hutch last night and he has been out since. He saw no urgency in catching him and didnt want me to stay out and help.

The bunny was terrified of people so obviously not used to being handled.

I feel terrible that he is probably still going to be out, especially as we live in the country so anything could happen to him, but there is nothing I can doi as the man didnt want me to catch him.

:evil::evil:.That annoys me so much.We have two families on our cul de sac that are just the same:roll::roll:
Poor bunny:cry:

:evil::evil:.That annoys me so much.We have two families on our cul de sac that are just the same:roll::roll:
Poor bunny:cry:

I saw the hutch he lives in (with his guinea pig friend) and its a 3ft double story. In a way he is probably better off fending for himself on the gardens, at least he can enjoy some time running free.

I will keep an eye out for him.

Arrrrggghhhh people like that don't deserve to have animals! :censored:

Sucks that you didn't managed to catch him.

Arrrrggghhhh people like that don't deserve to have animals! :censored:

Sucks that you didn't managed to catch him.

I know. Everyone has open gardens so there was no way to corner him. Everytime I got close he ran away so I could never get close enough to manage a grab. I wish I could have got him before the man came home!

Oh poor bunny. :cry:

I had better luck than you a few weeks ago when there was a giant rabbit out on the large area of grass outside my house. Poor thing nearly tore my hand off when I offered her a (very large) carrot as she was so thin. I managed to catch her and took her to the vets, as I haven't got the set up to look after a giant properly. Luckily the vet nurse there fell in love with her straight away and said she was going to take her home. :D

Can you sneak out to look for him as it gets dark?

I've caught a stray bunny with the cartoon box/twig/string method before! Might be worth a try if the rabbit's likely to be hungry.

I wonder if his owner let him out on purpose to 'get rid' if he doesn't want him caught again. :(

I've caught a stray bunny with the cartoon box/twig/string method before! Might be worth a try if the rabbit's likely to be hungry.

I wonder if his owner let him out on purpose to 'get rid' if he doesn't want him caught again. :(

I would never catch him, he is too quick and all the neighbours gardens link together. The neighbours who's gardens I had to cross to try catch him all said "oh not again, he is always out" and then went back inside so I dont think I would be too popular creeping around in their gardens at night.

Ugh, what a numpty your neighbour is.
I'd do the same if I caught the bun - spirit it away and make sure he went to a proper loving home (probably try and get the piggie too so it wouldn't be lonely :) )

aww poor bunn, i found a nertherland dwarf on my doorstep a few months ago, couldnt catch him at first so had to go to uni, when i got back he was still there and with the help of my neighbour managed to grab him and put him in a carrycase, i took him to all the local vets to see if they knew him and told all the spar shops etcs.. in the area, unfortunetley George (yes i named him) must of been an unwanted bunny as no one ever came to claim him, i gave him to my vets rehoming programme and was told he'd been found a home, i kind of still wish id kept him now though :) ah well least it was a happy ending for george

Thats whats been happening round by us.:( A girl I know keeps catching a little black bun-the owner keeps letting him go again,she's asked me if I will have him next time :shock:,I'd have to take him to a rescue as I just CANT have another,my house and garden are at bunny capacity!!!!

I caught the stray bun that I found last week with some science selective and my carrier... it was so hungry by about 4pm after being stray for a few days that it followed a trail of SS pellets into the carrier!

Can you go back at dusk and try to get it?

:(

*giggle at the image* I'm picturing Elmer Fudd from Bugs Bunny with his ACME wabbit catching kit :lol:

Back