• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advise on wound?

cloughie

Banned
I have noticed a lil scab (smaller than a 5p coin) on Harley's back, it isn't causing him any pain and I have never observed him taking any notice of it.

I'm assuming that Perhaps Pebbles bit or nipped Harley during their recent bonding, Harley humped Pebs several times so its possible that Pebs nipped/ bit him to go away.

I was just wondering if it could be a sign of something else? Also should I be doing anything further to ensure area doesn't get infected?

I have got Johnsons Antibacterial powder to put on the scab, dunno if it'll help :? I was going to put it on just now but couldn't find the scab amongst his vast amount of fur :oops:

Any advice is appreciated :)

Has he had a vaccination recently?

I should think if the scab is dry and not inflammed then I would just leave it and keep an eye on it for now. :)

Nah no injections recently.

Yih I'll just keep an eye on it, he is going to the vets next week to accompany Pebs so I'll ask them to check him over :)

I've noticed some on my lops as well. Little bit smaller that that though. I think it's small nips from bonding as they are well along in healing now. I've just been keeping an eye on them.

Back