• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These rabbits will be the death of me...

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
what a day I had. Nightmare. My place of work (hotel) and my house are in the same grounds, and my bunnies live in the shed at the back between the two. I started work at 9am, then pop home to feed the bunnies at 10am, then back to work. So I went out this morning, hutch door wide open, NO BUNNIES ANYWHERE. My heart jumped into my throat, I had a quick search, then got everyone from the hotel to come out and hunt with me.

My Mum found Islay, she was behind the wheelie bin, and soon as she spotted my Mum, she went running back to her hutch for breakfast :lol: this made me panic, because my girls always stick together, they always follow each other around and are never apart. So when one was found without the other, I feared the worst. We search for Jura for half an hour, before I really had to get back to work and my sister took over the search. I am surround by hills and fields, so I knew she could be absolutely anywhere.

I was near in tears at work, thankfully it wasn't busy, so I was allowed home early. We'd been looking all morning, and not even a sight of her, so I assumed an animal must have gotten her :( I was so upset, and Islay was just sitting in the hutch looking sad.

I took my dogs out into the garden for a while, and one of them was showing a lot of interest in the brambles at the back. 4ft high bramble bushes. Got the dog away, stuck my hands in, and felt something furry! I seriously could not believe she was alive, and not a mark on her. Totally tangled and knotted up in the brambles, I have no idea how she got in there, as I hadn't spotted her earlier. But she is home! I put her back in the hutch, and Islay snuggled up to her, and started washing Jura all over. :love: She missed her!

I have no idea how the hutch got open, the bunnies couldn't undo the bolts, and I have a feeling it was malicious :censored: but that's another story another time. I'm just glad I have my gorgeous girls safe and back with me.

Blimey.what a scare.Sounds like it went on most of the day and emotions are tiring when riding high.
Glad all is sort of ok.

Wow what a day :shock:

Glad it turned out well and your babies are safe -perhaps a padlock or two could stop this happening again if you think it was malicious?

Thank goodness you found them.
i know the horrendous emotions you must have been going through as i lost one of my bunnies for a short while. I was distraught. He was under the floor in the house:shock: i thought he was lost in the dene.

Wow what a day :shock:

Glad it turned out well and your babies are safe -perhaps a padlock or two could stop this happening again if you think it was malicious?

Yes, you are right. I have bought all new bolts today, and hopefully the new shed door will be on by the end of the week, complete with padlocks.

I don't really think its badness, just stupid drunks that do it. But one day, the bunnies might not be so lucky.

Back