• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Hammy

moss

Alpha Buck
Thought I was gong to lose him over the weekend - he had a funny tummy. Thought it was wet-tail so booked an appointment with the vets for first thing this morning. Went to pick him up and his bum was clean and he'd done some solid poos! Took him to the vets anyway, and he gave me some probiotic to put in his water. He's such a happy little soul - nearly 3 years old and still full of beans!

Love my little hammy x

Hi Grace, thank you for your message, I did think that no-one cared! :oops:

He's doing very well, thank you - no more squishy poos and he's been eating like a trooper! :) x

Hi Grace, thank you for your message, I did think that no-one cared! :oops:

He's doing very well, thank you - no more squishy poos and he's been eating like a trooper! :) x

Oh thank goodness!
its scary when they are ill, hope he continues to improve, did the vet say what it could have been? xx

Oh thank goodness!
its scary when they are ill, hope he continues to improve, did the vet say what it could have been? xx

Not exactly, no. He said that if it was wet-tail, then he's the best wet-tail patient he's seen for a while! I guess at 3 years old, his little body is starting to get fragile, and if he does get really poorly, I'd want him pts rather than suffer.

The vet said he is in very good shape for a 3 year old! :) x

He is doing very well!
My rosie is 16 months old now,im waiting for her to wake up she sleeps forever! xx

Awww, Hamalicious sleeps a lot too, though when we get him out he is still very quick running around!

What breed is Rosie? x

Glad your hammy has picked up.. sorry did not see this thread before :oops:

No worries :) Thank you for your message :)

Julie, Hammy is a syrian too. I've always been a bit scared of having a smaller one, such as a Russian or a Chinese ham, as they're a bit quicker and I'd be worried of losing them and not being able to find them! :) x

so glad hammy is ok! They like to scare us dont they?

3 years old is very good! I hope Phoebe lives that long :D :love:

Tried to get some of him tonight but he refuses to stay still and keeps coming over to sniff the camera! Silly little monkey!

Tried to get some of him tonight but he refuses to stay still and keeps coming over to sniff the camera! Silly little monkey!

Hahahaha rosie is like that!
oh well im sure you will capture him eventually, how is the little monkey today? whats his name? xxxxxxx

Hahahaha rosie is like that!
oh well im sure you will capture him eventually, how is the little monkey today? whats his name? xxxxxxx

Hehe, I got a couple but they're not great - will upload them in a minute anyway!

He's doing just great, Julie. I counted his poops today (he's only done 10, but they're all solid and normal(ish) looking!)

His real name is actually rather embarrassing, so we just call him Hammy! :lol:

Hehe, I got a couple but they're not great - will upload them in a minute anyway!

He's doing just great, Julie. I counted his poops today (he's only done 10, but they're all solid and normal(ish) looking!)

His real name is actually rather embarrassing, so we just call him Hammy! :lol:

Im sure his name is fine :)
You might get him to pose soon, as usual rosie is still asleep and she needs her bedding changing typical rosie :roll:

So glad he is ok though maybe it has been the warm weather? did the vet give you bio-lapis? xxxxxxxxxx

The vet just gave me some pro-biotics called Protexin. I had been putting some Abidec in his water anyway, which the vet had said was fine.

Here's some pics of him:

28gqaae.jpg

308wdc8.jpg

hrix4x.jpg

1z4z8rc.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww he`s bootiful!
mines a golden, if you do a search of grace65 you should see some pics of rosie (if you want a peek)

Hes lovely and a gorgeous colour, love the piccies :) xxxxxxxxxx

Back