• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help/ Advice needed Bonding males/ Anyone offer a bonding service in south bucks??

Hi

Just after some advice, I have kept rabbits for a few years now and am an on/off fosterer for the RSPCA, I curently have one single female on perminant foster due to health problems

A month or so ago a lady and her kids who lives round the corner from me came round to see my zoo with the veiw of caring for my lot if i was away

The visit ended with me giving her rabbit advice

She bought two males at the end of last year, they ended up fighting, she contacted the rspca i foster for who advised her to seperate them, which she has done.

the rspca have offered to find her a female as company for one of her males.

The proplem is she is worried what kind of home the other male is going to end up in. I offered to foster the male rabbit for her on befalf of the rspca until they found him a new home.

The lady mentioned yesterday to the main rspca lady yesterday that i was willing to foster her other male for her and the rspca lady went bonkers, she got really cross, saying this lady was going behind her back ect ect ect

The lady with the rabbits spoke to me today rather upset, she genuanly wants the best for the rabbits, she dosent want to burden the rspca with extra costs so had offered to pay for food/beding/ neutering ect

I cominted today that once the males were neutered it may be posible to rebond them, obvisaly without involving the rspca because they do not recomend it because it takes "to much work"

To complicate the matter further the lady has fallen in love with another female rspca rabbit and would idealy like to keep all three rabbits, is there anyone out there who she could pay/ make a donation to to help with the bonding of the two males or all three

any thoughts/ advice appriciated

thanks

rachel

Back