• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit advice for a friend of mine. u/d post#8&9 - off to the vet, vibes please

I wanted to see if i could help her with her bun, Zaffy but im afraid im stuck.

I cant tell you how old she is but she is well into adulthood. Today She has been lying around all day not really doing anything, she was in the garden under a bush for most of the day and then when she came inside this evening, she just laid in her cage.

I asked if she was actually laid down and not hunched up or anything and asked if shes still eating. My friend said shes not sure if shes eating and i advised her to keep her eye on her and offer her a treat to see if she will eat.

What other advice can i give apart from if she stops eating or continues like this then she needs to see a vet asap.

Thanks again RUers, your all invaluable to me! :)

Last edited:
I'm no expert but it sounds like the heat. All mine are flopping a lot and not very active at the moment. They're all ok and come running for noms they just can't be bothered to do anything and tbh I don't blame them.

Mine have been so lazy recently, I think it's the heat. It's cooled down tonight and they seem better. Maybe it's just the heat getting to her.

I think the best advice you can give is lots of water and make sure bunny is eating...

I'm no expert but it sounds like the heat. All mine are flopping a lot and not very active at the moment. They're all ok and come running for noms they just can't be bothered to do anything and tbh I don't blame them.

I think mine are just completely nutty. they still binky around the garden even in this heat and theyre black!

I dont think its just the heat, from what my friends saying its not like Zaffy at all.

It could be the heat. But even if she's gone into stasis, water is important, so she needs to make sure she's drinking :) could give her soaking wet veg, or a bowl as well as a bottle, and keep changing her water so it's cold and not stale.

My rule of thumb is - no eaty, off to vetty!! I'd try to get her eating - dandilions are a good temptation or a tiny bit of richtea or digestive. I wouldn't leave mine too long not eating. If they haven't perked up after about an hour or so I would take them to the vet. Only had to do this once though, thank God.

My rule of thumb is - no eaty, off to vetty!! I'd try to get her eating - dandilions are a good temptation or a tiny bit of richtea or digestive. I wouldn't leave mine too long not eating. If they haven't perked up after about an hour or so I would take them to the vet. Only had to do this once though, thank God.

I quite agree!! (It also helps if said vet is as wonderful and gorgous as mine.....)

But yes, off to vets.Good idea.
Wish bunny well.and let us know.xxxxxx

I havent heard from my friend today but she said she would wait untill Zaf came out of the bush first.

I suggested tempting her out with dandelions and seeing if she will eat them (thats my trick for the buns and the piggies, aparently their irresistable! ;) )

She is eating though, and shes not as old as i thought, 18months. But thats all good news anyway. :)

She uses the same vet as me and they really arent much cop. Im changing vets after the number of issues ive had over seemingly simple hiccups! I really could diagnose and treat them better myself!! :evil:...especially with RU! :)

Ive heard from my friend,

Zaffy hasnt pooed, ate or drank anything over night.

I explained how she needs to get some food/fluids into her and that it could be a number of things that have triggered it.

I hope shes going to be ok, shes a lovely looking lop, vibes for zaf please :(

Back