• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mum thought she'd lost my buns...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
She thought she's help me out and get them in from the run on the lawn whilst I was out at Brownies, but she couldn't find them anywhere, and was panicking that they'd escaped....but she forgot I'd got them in earlier (mind you, I did tell her while she was watching the tennis :roll:)

I wouldn't mind, but she'd spotted me through the window when I was getting them in - crawling around the run on my hands an knees. She thought I was just in there with them for the fun of it (on a boiling hot afternoon, crawling around under the netting on dry hard grass...yeah mum!)

She thought she's help me out and get them in from the run on the lawn whilst I was out at Brownies, but she couldn't find them anywhere, and was panicking that they'd escaped....but she forgot I'd got them in earlier (mind you, I did tell her while she was watching the tennis :roll:)

I wouldn't mind, but she'd spotted me through the window when I was getting them in - crawling around the run on my hands an knees. She thought I was just in there with them for the fun of it (on a boiling hot afternoon, crawling around under the netting on dry hard grass...yeah mum!)

Mum's eh!!? :roll: Mine offered to come and look after the buns to save me from paying someone twice a day, when I go away for a couple of days. I don't trust her to do it right. She was a little offended.

Mum's eh!!? :roll: Mine offered to come and look after the buns to save me from paying someone twice a day, when I go away for a couple of days. I don't trust her to do it right. She was a little offended.

Mine's offered to take care of mine. Aside from the fact she only knows about two of them, she would never take them to the vets if they stopped eating, she would forget to feed them, and she would refuse to buy them veg :roll:. When I went back to house-sit for her she refused to buy the veg I asked her to because she suspected it was for the rabbits

I trust my mum completely with my buns, but she just didn't hear when I said I'd put them back in the aviary :lol:

Mine's offered to take care of mine. Aside from the fact she only knows about two of them, she would never take them to the vets if they stopped eating, she would forget to feed them, and she would refuse to buy them veg :roll:. When I went back to house-sit for her she refused to buy the veg I asked her to because she suspected it was for the rabbits

Good grief! How else would your rabbits get veg to eat if you didn't buy it for them??

If my dad knew what I've spent on the rabbits he would flip!!! And I'm 36!! He still thinks that rabbits live in a hutch and get the odd carrot now and again. Doesn't understand the way I look after mine - he thinks I'm being stupid.:roll:

Good grief! How else would your rabbits get veg to eat if you didn't buy it for them??

If my dad knew what I've spent on the rabbits he would flip!!! And I'm 36!! He still thinks that rabbits live in a hutch and get the odd carrot now and again. Doesn't understand the way I look after mine - he thinks I'm being stupid.:roll:

Whereas my mum has said we must get them a summerhouse/shed ready for winter, and dad will build anything I ask for them :D

I know! The trio's hutch is only a 6ft x 2ft 2 storey, and my dad calls it a bungalow. My mum went mad when I got the rabbits, don't see how it affects her like. I think the reason was because it made things more difficult when I dogsat/housesat for her :roll:

I know! The trio's hutch is only a 6ft x 2ft 2 storey, and my dad calls it a bungalow. My mum went mad when I got the rabbits, don't see how it affects her like. I think the reason was because it made things more difficult when I dogsat/housesat for her :roll:

Yes. My mum wishes I had no pets except for Chester because I don't get to the caravan so much anymore and she misses me!! Just can't bring myself to leave my babies though!

:wave: I want to know! :D

Well mum was opening the driveway gates for me and I was gonna reverse out in the car. I was obviously working on automatic pilot, forgot where mum would be, started reversing and the next thing I knew...... I had knocked mum down and reversed over both her legs right up to her knees.

I curshed her knee-cap and broke her shin bone on one leg and crushed her ankle on the other. 3 weeks in hospital, months living downstairs in a wheelchair, weeks on zimmer, then to crutches. She now has to use a stick to walk. :cry::cry: NEVER stand behind me when I'm reversing!!!

Well mum was opening the driveway gates for me and I was gonna reverse out in the car. I was obviously working on automatic pilot, forgot where mum would be, started reversing and the next thing I knew...... I had knocked mum down and reversed over both her legs right up to her knees.

I curshed her knee-cap and broke her shin bone on one leg and crushed her ankle on the other. 3 weeks in hospital, months living downstairs in a wheelchair, weeks on zimmer, then to crutches. She now has to use a stick to walk. :cry::cry: NEVER stand behind me when I'm reversing!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I think my mum would have killed me....

:shock: oh dear.

Still not ENTIRELY sure what or how it happened!! :shock: Bit of a blur (like my driving!!)

I remember sitting on the ground beside her head, waiting for the ambulance. I remember her stopping screaming for just long enough to say "Don't worry love, you didn't mean to do it!" before resuming the screaming! Very gracious, my mum. Still don't trust her with the rabbits though - can't move fast enough now to get out of Benson's way!! :lol:

Still not ENTIRELY sure what or how it happened!! :shock: Bit of a blur (like my driving!!)

I remember sitting on the ground beside her head, waiting for the ambulance. I remember her stopping screaming for just long enough to say "Don't worry love, you didn't mean to do it!" before resuming the screaming! Very gracious, my mum. Still don't trust her with the rabbits though - can't move fast enough now to get out of Benson's way!! :lol:

Bless her :lol: my mum would have gotten someone to run me over so I knew how it felt!

:lol::lol::lol: (shouldn't laugh :oops:)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: (shouldn't laugh :oops:)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's ok. We laugh about it now too. When I tell someone for the first time I can see them trying to look serious and horrified, but what they can't control is the corners of their mouths and the slight shaking of their shoulders!! :lol: It's fun to watch them struggle to keep a straight face!!

Back