• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice please :-)

jody

Alpha Buck
Well thats my pen all set up and ready for my new house bun, but just wondered as its my first house rabbit, do i need to put the food bowl and hay manger close to the litter tray ?? :wave::wave:

I would put the hay in the litter tray or have it in a rack over it to encourage your bun to use the toilet, they like to munch and poop at the same time!! I would move the bowl away from the tray a bit as mine tend to jump out of the tray and flick their feet sometimes and shower the megazorb everywhere!

When is the lucky bun arriving?

Well thats my pen all set up and ready for my new house bun, but just wondered as its my first house rabbit, do i need to put the food bowl and hay manger close to the litter tray ?? :wave::wave:

Food bowl and hay manger no - spreading food out makes bunny move around more and forage a little which is natural, you could even scatter the food and forget the bowl! ;)
It's always a good idea to put a lovely fresh heap of hay in the litter tray every day, or twice a day, it encourages bun to use the tray as a latrine and all buns like to munch whilst doing their business. :D

If your new bun is not neutered, and whilst he/she settles in, don't expect perfect litter training to begin with. This can take a little time and is only reliable with a neutered bun as a rule. A new bun is likely to mark the new territory they find themselves in with urine or droppings or both. :wave:

I would put the hay in the litter tray or have it in a rack over it to encourage your bun to use the toilet, they like to munch and poop at the same time!! I would move the bowl away from the tray a bit as mine tend to jump out of the tray and flick their feet sometimes and shower the megazorb everywhere!

When is the lucky bun arriving?

my bun Turnip is arriving on the 9th July :)))) cannot wait!

awwww yes they are adorable! and my first house bun too, im more excited than my two children! lol But shhhhhhhh he is for me :lol::lol:

Back