• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Floppys time to say goodbye.

MPHF

Alpha Buck
We are going to take Floppy to the vets to be pts tonight. :cry:
She is dribbling a lot now and also finding eating quite difficult. I was thinking all weekend that Monday would be the day but Hannah my daughter said "lets wait til Tuesday to see how she is". This morning Hannah said to me "the time is right". She doesn't often cry but she did today and she has her last exam this morning.
We'll miss Flops loads but the time is so right.

Don't know if this is the right place to post? :oops:

Awww hun - I am so sorry - but please know you are doing the best giving your bun a peaceful and pain free goodbye. If I could choose a way to go I would be PTS!

Big hugs to you and your family x x x

So sorry to hear this :cry: It's such a hard thing to do, but as you said the time is right, and it's right to put her out of her discomfort.

Sending vibes for you all, and I hope Floppy has a peaceful passing X

Your post is fine where it is. If you would like to put a tribute to Floppy after she has gone, Rainbow Bridge (at the bottom of the home page) is where we put memorials to loved ones. I find it helps a lot to share their life with others.

Such a difficult decision :( but you're making exactly the right one for your bun.
Peaceful passing for Floppy, will be thinking of you.
X

:cry::cry::cry: What an auwful decision to have to make. You're so brave showing Floppy this ulimate and final act of love.

Vibes for a peaceful passing for Floppy and hugs for you xxx

:cry: Floppy will be thanking you for making this decison, no one should have to suffer. So even though it will break your heart, find comfort knowing you are doing what is right for Floppy.

You are showing Floppy just how much you love her by putting her needs before your own.

I am thinking of you at this very sad time :cry:

Oh Clare and Hannah i'm so so sorry :cry: You have done so much for Floppy and given her such a wonderful life. I'm so sorry it's her time now to say goodbye. You will both always be in her heart. Thinking of you xx

Sorry for such a sad day. Putting Floppy first is the kindest thing you can do for her now.

Wishing Floppy sweet dreams. xxx

I'm so sorry, I will be thinking of you all day today. Animals give us so much pleasure throughout their life and I know how hard it is to say goodbye. You really are doing the best thing for your little friend today. x

I understand how hard it must be for you right now, and so do so many of the people on RU who have had to make that heartbreaking decision, but please remember that your gorgeous bun will not feel a thing... just peaceful sleep, pain free forever. I am thinking of you xxx

Back