• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snowflake is pregant?

I think she is pregnant after my discovery 5 mins ago, because of various reasons:
1. She is eating a lot, more than usual.
2. Her belly is somewhat 'bigger', and just a week ago she was so thin and lots of bones!
3. I just let her out on the floor for a run, and usually she runs/hops so fast I can't catch her but today she is just walking slowly, and no really quick hops.
4. Also, she always 'gets on top of' or 'under' Little Grey. Wonder if this is humping?
5. She walks akwardly, like side-to-side.
6. She sleeps a lot, not like before, when she always stands up when anybody comes near the cage and begs for food...

Help please! Should I take her to the vet or what? :|

Last edited:
If Little Grey isn't neutered then of course she's pregnant! What did you expect to happen, putting two unneutered buns together?

Are those pictures of her new? If they are then she's not 5 months old. You said she was 1 month old when you joined...:? Therefore she wouldn't be old enough to be pregnant.

A lot of the things you've said are a bit alarming. If she's not keeping her balance/walking funny/lying in a strange position then she could be ill (EC comes to mind) and needs to see a vet.

Whatever you do, don't "feel" her tummy for babies, as if she is pregnant then you'll kill the kits and they're more likely to get stuck when they come out.

If I were you I'd take her in now for an emergency spay.

Are those pictures of her new? If they are then she's not 5 months old. You said she was 1 month old when you joined...:? Therefore she wouldn't be old enough to be pregnant.

A lot of the things you've said are a bit alarming. If she's not keeping her balance/walking funny/lying in a strange position then she could be ill (EC comes to mind) and needs to see a vet.

Whatever you do, don't "feel" her tummy for babies, as if she is pregnant then you'll kill the kits and they're more likely to get stuck when they come out.

If I were you I'd take her in now for an emergency spay.

the pics are not new.

the pics are not new.

Ok then. I'd say she's both ill and pregnant then. :( You need to take her to a vet now, and separate her and little Grey until he's been neutered/she's been spayed.

Did no one tell you that they would mate if they weren't neutered?

Ok, could we stop being snotty towards the OP please. At least they have come on to ask advice, they deserve that advice in a courteous matter. Many people don't know a lot about their pets, I thought the idea of the forum was to help them?

Rabbitsrock_2010, Snowflake is most probably pregnant, if not she is ill and will need to see a vet anyway, please make an appointment asap. DO NOT let her have any more contact with the male at all, as it's dangerous when she's pregnant.

Depending on how far along Snowflake is, you may be able to have an emergency spay, which will terminate the pregnancy. Snowflake won't know she's pregnant so this is really the best option for her - rabbit kits are difficult to rehome and rescues are full to bursting. Having kittens is very dangerous for her too depending on the size of her, many mummy rabbits have died during labour :( Spaying your rabbit also eliminates cancer - over 80% of unspeyed does get cancer of the uterus and by spaying this will never happen.

So, take her to the vet today, where the vet will be able to tell you more, and tell you if an emergency spay is possible, or if she's ill, what is wrong with her. Make sure you tell them all the things you've told us. :wave:

I haven't really got any other advice to add that hasn't been said

Did you get to the vet's today? :wave:

this OP confuses me as op in another thread said lil grey and snowflake are a bonded couple, this thread gives impression they are not together, im sure they were neutered too, sorry but summin not right here advise has been given time again, but not acted on ?????

common sense says take to the vet, just looks like a load of symptoms taken off a site to me,

Last edited:
this OP confuses me as op in another thread said lil grey and snowflake are a bonded couple, this thread gives impression they are not together, im sure they were neutered too, sorry but summin not right here advise has been given time again, but not acted on ?????

That's why I was a bit harsh in my first post.

She doesn't answer questions asked to her, and doesn't seem to take any advice. ...also the facts seem to change a lot. There's only a certain number of times you can answer the same person with the same questions and not just want to bash your head into a brick wall.

Maybe the OP could let us know the living arrangements etc. in one post so we can give her the correct advice.:wave:

That's why I was a bit harsh in my first post.

She doesn't answer questions asked to her, and doesn't seem to take any advice. ...also the facts seem to change a lot. There's only a certain number of times you can answer the same person with the same questions and not just want to bash your head into a brick wall.

Maybe the OP could let us know the living arrangements etc. in one post so we can give her the correct advice.:wave:

I agree.... very weird.

Back