• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buns in uneasy truce cos of heat....

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well its like an oven upstairs...so we bought bif down from my room...merlin down from nikkis room and penned off half the lounge and they had to share it..two litter trays etc.
worried cos merlins got teeny tiny poops. so metacop syrup.....and much munching on hay and playing in pen ..even with bif!!

bertie had a go at merlins nose through the pen then decided hed sleep up against it as he liked the company. sadly bif hid most of the time.

when the sun was near setting we turfed all 3 buns who are all single buns...and the two cats into the garden.
normally theres a few scuffles or one big scrap between buns.

i was soo proud...due to the heat they shared the entire garden without so much as a nip!!! bifs still nervy..no binkies after last night with those neighbours fiasco:roll::censored:

but she did have a wander around for a while..played with merlin and the cats...gave bertie a tentative nose sniff.

it got dark..bif hid in lounge..her n merlin escaped the pen...
we caught her bout 10.30pm and took her back to the safety and comfort of my room.
bertie the cats and merlin were still playing.....merlin ran in and out the house round the garden still binkying. just before we gave him more metaclop hed been eating bifs pile of hay...hurrah..

we got bertie in and the cats followed....and merlin got a growl n nip from bertie from sniffing down his side.
that was the ONLY aggresion wed seen from bertie....im so proud of my big old fella.
merlin did nip bifs cheek then proceeded to wash her eye for a while..then nipped her again.
mmmmis this a pre bonding ritual i wonder..they spend time together now and then.......

berties pooped....hes zzzzzzzing in the lounge..the cats are asleep somewhere:lol:

this damned heats awful but i have to keep them all cool..just worried bif will get ill from stress.

Despite the nips, it sounds like they all had fun. Maybe one day they could all be happy together. X

merlin had the most fun...he loves playing with the cats and wants the other two to be friends. berties a frenchie.....but he used to be bonded with bif...3 times in fact. but nov last year she had a dental and some gi issues so she was gone 3 days at the hospital..he pined for her and when she came home..she kept attacking him......unbonded:( that brought on the pasturella etc in bertie.

noo merlins a wire chomper..anything chomper...berties free range downstairs..can you imagine what he could do:shock::lol:

wished him n bif would bond to an extent...hes already told her hes not taking any more of her beatings:lol:

Back