• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benson!! Get outta my feet!!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I let them out this morning. Little Lola goes off to do rabbity things - eats grass, plays in her tunnel, sends the soil in her digging pit flying all over the place, cleans herself under the chair.

Benson. He trips me up. He hops around the brush as I sweep the bunny yard. He sits on the dustpan as I try to sweep up. He runs through the piles of dirt I've just swept and scatters it everywhere. He follows me into their run and eats the hay I'm trying to clean out.

"Benson," I say, "I love you darlin, but please go and play with Lola." I shoo him out. He runs to the far end of the yard and eats grass with Lola. Two, maybe three seconds later, I open the shed door. Guess who's sitting in the litter tray!!!:shock::shock::shock: How did he do it?? He was miles away!!!

Honestly, I think he could magic himself out of a hat!!

the amount of times i have carefully folded the soiled newspaper (containing hundreds of poos and old hay) for twig or noodle to hop over and rip it open whilst i slowly move it towards the bin bag.... :evil::evil:

And cleo and theo attack the brush so it takes about half hour to sweep the hutch as they run grunting and boxing as I hover the brush near the hutch...............

Oh, and who can forget the fun times you have lifting the bin bag full of hay and poo, only to find you leave a trail of litter and poos that fall from a bunny-mouth sized hole in the bottom of the bag............

the amount of times i have carefully folded the soiled newspaper (containing hundreds of poos and old hay) for twig or noodle to hop over and rip it open whilst i slowly move it towards the bin bag.... :evil::evil:

And cleo and theo attack the brush so it takes about half hour to sweep the hutch as they run grunting and boxing as I hover the brush near the hutch...............

Oh, and who can forget the fun times you have lifting the bin bag full of hay and poo, only to find you leave a trail of litter and poos that fall from a bunny-mouth sized hole in the bottom of the bag............

Oh bless them all!!! :love: How is it that a rabbit can get naughtier and naughtier and we just love them more for it!?

I'll bet Keith has the secret!!

Awww :lol:

Princess likes to 'help' too, she'll run round and round me while I clean the cage out, then she'll go to the shavings bag and nibble me a little hole for it to come out :roll: (which of course later, leaves a trail :lol:)
and when the cage is nice and clean, she sorts it out to just the way she likes it..... a mess!!! :roll:

I love the fact that Butters is getting cheeky like this now :love:

He was always so shy before.

Awwwh. He must be feeling more happy and confident. Blessim. They take a lot of patience! Little Hazel Piggy comes over to me now and takes food out of my hand. She peers over the base of the pen at me and comes running out of whatever tunnell she's in to see what I've got for her. I love them - don't care if they shorten my life buy a couple of years due to lung scarring!! I'm keepin the little guys!

Awww :lol:

Princess likes to 'help' too, she'll run round and round me while I clean the cage out, then she'll go to the shavings bag and nibble me a little hole for it to come out :roll: (which of course later, leaves a trail :lol:)
and when the cage is nice and clean, she sorts it out to just the way she likes it..... a mess!!! :roll:

I felt guilty because noodle is in a tiny cage whilst she recovers from her op, so today /i made her a 'forage' box.

This was hay mixed with treats, dandelion roots, apple pieces etc mixed through....... in a tupperware tub.

I thought 'that will keep her entertained'

TEN minutes later, I went upstairs and saw that she had spread the hay over the entire floor of her cage to about half a centimetre thick......... no treats in sight and the tub upside down.........

I just said to her "NOODLE! You Naughty Girl!!!"

She didnt care

I felt guilty because noodle is in a tiny cage whilst she recovers from her op, so today /i made her a 'forage' box.

This was hay mixed with treats, dandelion roots, apple pieces etc mixed through....... in a tupperware tub.

I thought 'that will keep her entertained'

TEN minutes later, I went upstairs and saw that she had spread the hay over the entire floor of her cage to about half a centimetre thick......... no treats in sight and the tub upside down.........

I just said to her "NOODLE! You Naughty Girl!!!"

She didnt care

Naughty Noodle Numpty!! :lol:

Mischa sits in the dustpan too. :roll: It's cos hay on the ground suddenly becomes so appetising when you move it dontcha know.

Oh bless them all!!! :love: How is it that a rabbit can get naughtier and naughtier and we just love them more for it!?

I'll bet Keith has the secret!!

he probably does but he's worried if he told me the spell would break!

He loves to supervise cleaning out tho. He tries to dig the bedding back INTO the cage as I try to put it in a bag. He's all "noooo, i be wanting those poops".

Mr Bingley has a serious pet hate of hay in his litter box, it's like it's a personal afront if you put it in there.
He watches from the entrance to the hutch as you clean it out, refill the megazorb and put the hay in ..... you put it down .... you turn around .... you pretend to busy yourself with something on top of the hutch .....
Scrabble, scrabble, scrabble .... dig, dig, ALL the hay OUT the box and he's sat in it looking at you like 'Mummeh, how many times! Like dis!'
Cue Mummeh and Bingley having a great game of 'Hay in, hay out' :love:
Barnaby on the other hand moves every strand of hay by mouth out of the hutch and into the run .... one strand at a time :shock:

Mr Bingley has a serious pet hate of hay in his litter box, it's like it's a personal afront if you put it in there.
He watches from the entrance to the hutch as you clean it out, refill the megazorb and put the hay in ..... you put it down .... you turn around .... you pretend to busy yourself with something on top of the hutch .....
Scrabble, scrabble, scrabble .... dig, dig, ALL the hay OUT the box and he's sat in it looking at you like 'Mummeh, how many times! Like dis!'
Cue Mummeh and Bingley having a great game of 'Hay in, hay out' :love:
Barnaby on the other hand moves every strand of hay by mouth out of the hutch and into the run .... one strand at a time :shock:

Your bunnies are extra weird.....:shock:

:lol: I loves naughty bunnies :love:
The other day I decided to do a clear out of my wardrobe and chest of drawers. I meticulously sorted all my clothes out into piles eg. t.shirts, going out tops, dresses etc etc then turned back to the drawers to carry on sorting. When I turned around again my clothes were no longer in several neat piles but one big messy one with Mimi on the top furiously digging and rearranging :roll: The funniest thing was as I was telling Mimi what a little madam she was, Timmys little head appeared out of the pile and looked at me asif to say "wha?" :lol::lol:
The little b*****s! Wouldnt have them any other way :love:

Charlee gives me evil looks whenever I dare put my hand into her cage. "Get out hooman, I knows whats yoous gonna do." When I am changing the fleece she likes to get right in the middle of it before I am ready for her to. Then when it is nice and flat she rearranges it just the way she likes it. That shouldn't suprise me though - she has also added a dozen decent sized "windows" to her cage..and chewed a hole in the plastic that her cage (and the guinea pig cages on top of hers) sit on to protect the carpet. Oh and this morning, I couldn't find her anywhere. I checked in her hay (she likes to burrow through there - gets nice and toasty), checked under the bed incase she had somehow snuck underneath their despite the fact that it is blocked off. Pull out all of the hay containers and pellet boxes and checked in the carrier. I stood back to observe the mess I had made, and pondered where she was and she casually strolled out from inside my wardrobe. She had somehow pushed it open a bit, slipped in and was snoozing. I hadn't thought to check in there!

Back