• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick vaccs opinion please!

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Hello chaps:wave:

Just a quick one... hopefully!

My buns are due Myxi vaccs 02/08 and 16/08 so basically early Aug. We have booked a trip down to my dad's in Somerset for around 24th July - not great timing around vaccs but best time to visit. However, lots of wild buns down in the depths of Somerset and many graze quite close to my Pa's garden.
We're thinking we should bring their vaccs forward by a whole month (we do 6 monthly boosters anyway) and do them end of next week or begining of week after (early July). I won't travel a bun for atleast 2 weeks after vaccs anyway so it has to be now early July or leave it til we get back - but not happy about taking them near wild buns when the booster is running out really.
Does this sound sensible to bring vaccs forward a month?

Poppy also due VHD 20/08 but VHD risks lower and I think this one can wait til we get back begining of Aug, at which point it would still be early. Can't really schedule that in 2 weeks after Myxi and then leave another 2 weeks til 24th July...
Arrrghh... turned into long post....sorry! :oops:

Yes i would bring them forward ring your vets for advice :) xxxxx

Thanks.:D

It's okay I know a bit more about rabbit health than the receptionist ;) but I will book them in anyway and chat to my vet about it. I think he will agree anyway. Atleast I hope so.
Good opportunity to get Nino's bloods repeated before we go as well, see how the daily non-steroidals are doing with his liver and kidneys.

Thank you :)

We thought it was the most sensible option, but it's always nice to get a couple of objective opinions to make sure! x

Yes i know what you mean, its always nice to ask for an opinion :)

gorgeous buns you have there :love: xxxxxx

Back