• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The best thing to encourage buns to eat more hay/see how much theyre eating....

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
..... it came free.

Its a veggy ball thingy from zooplus I think, here it is in a photo with Winnie.... see the purple thing with the bell?

IMG_2473.jpg

Every morning, before I go to school, I absolutely RAM this thing FULL of plain and treat hay, sometimes with hidden treats/pellets hidden inside and the buns LOVE it, its usually empty by they time I get home!!

It keeps them busy for hours, and they cant soil it like the hay I put in their litter box (just normal nomming hay).

I think its a great way to encourage them to eat more hay and notice whether they are eating less........

:thumb:

Just thought I would share with you all!!

Last edited:
That does look brilliant actually. I have a hollow log thing that used to have treats in it that I stuff with veggies, but they've gotten too good at figuring out how to get the food out!

That does look brilliant actually. I have a hollow log thing that used to have treats in it that I stuff with veggies, but they've gotten too good at figuring out how to get the food out!

Haha!!

Bless, the best thing about this is that they cant dig it all out onto the floor and just take the nice stuff out..... they always eats it all!! Fab boredom breaker!!

Haha!!

Bless, the best thing about this is that they cant dig it all out onto the floor and just take the nice stuff out..... they always eats it all!! Fab boredom breaker!!

I'm off to pets at home, i'll have to see if they have them in there

Trying to make sure my buns are eating enough hay. Right now I just pile the hay in the corner, and they eat for a bit and then just flatten it down and use it as bedding, despite having more bedding than they'd ever need :roll:

I'm off to pets at home, i'll have to see if they have them in there

Trying to make sure my buns are eating enough hay. Right now I just pile the hay in the corner, and they eat for a bit and then just flatten it down and use it as bedding, despite having more bedding than they'd ever need :roll:

If you go on equinecaninefeline.... you can get one for free if you spend a few pounds, none of the pets at homes I have been to have it.... and ECF dont sell live animals (and are CHEAPER!!) ;);)

Wow thats a great idea:) I think Bella would love one.
Is it safe to order online from them? (are they reliable?)

Just had a look on their website - they're so cheap!!

Got great reviews. Looks like my buns will be getting some more toys this week :)

Thanks for the recommendation, TeflonsShadow!

Just had a look on their website - they're so cheap!!

Got great reviews. Looks like my buns will be getting some more toys this week :)

Thanks for the recommendation, TeflonsShadow!

I think if you put 'fancyrats' into the coupon code place at the check out, you get 10 % off too.....

Back