• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry rant :(

KTJ

Alpha Buck
:wave: Morning RU, I hope everyone is enjoying the weather today; apparently it's meant to be the hottest day of the year :shock:

Last night I had a BBQ round my house with some of my friends. One of my boyfriend's friends wasn't invited as I don't get on with him (long story cut short- he hates me because he feels that I came between him and Will, my boyfriend... considering we've been together 6 years, I really think he needs to get over it!) but anyway, this guy turned up at my house anyway, despite not being invited and I couldn't be bothered to argue so just allowed him to stay.

Everyone had a really good evening playing in my 8 foot paddling pool, my Mum made loads of coleslaw and potato salad etc and it was a nice night, but then Dave (the guy I don't get on with) started insulting my rabbits, saying that Flopsy was a fat *beep* and that I was cruel for keeping Alfie on his own (he was neutered 2 weeks ago and will be bonded in a few more weeks time) and that I had obviously hurt Smokey and Bandita because they were so shy (they were a private rescue and only trust me and my Mum) He also kept saying how much he wanted to put them on the BBQ and eat them :evil: so I got mad and asked my boyfriend if we could have a chat inside... we went inside and I asked him if he could politely ask Dave to leave, and he agreed as my boyfriend cares for my rabbits just as much as me and knows how much it hurt to hear people criticising me and my buns...... so we went back into my garden, and guess what? Dave was feeding Flopsy burger in a bread roll :censored::censored::censored::censored:
I was furious and just couldn't believe someone would do that, so I explained (much nicer than I should've done) that rabbits have a very delicate digestive system and feeding my rabbits human food could really make them ill, and Dave was like "oh right, I didn't know"... well if you dont know what they can/can't eat, he shouldn't have fed him it. :evil::evil:
Anyway, that ruined my night and really peed me off :(
Flopsy is absolutely fine today, but I will be keeping a close eye on him.

There's no real point to this thread, I'm just still so angry.
The next time Dave turns up uninvited, he can :censored: off.

I'm actually fuming on your behalf! How DARE he behave like that?!!! A 6 year old would know better! :evil:

I'd tell your boyf his friend is not welcome at your house AT ALL from now on.

I know!! :evil:
I childmind for 2 children, brother and sister, and they are 4 and 5 years old, and even they don't give the rabbits anything, they don't even go near the rabbits unless I'm there because I've told them and shown them how they should care for rabbits properly. When they come round the kids get all excited because I allow them to help me feed the buns and give them their hay and veg.... It's just so annoying that even young children and better around my rabbits than people my own age!
Dave will definitely NOT be allowed in my house next time he's not invited (he's quite dominating and feels everyone should just let him do what he wants.... rich parents who gave him everything when he was growing up probably didn't help the way he is either :roll:)

ps. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is furious, but to make you feel better, I'll post a picture of Flopsy from last night... despite being called names as Dave thought he was overweight, Flops really enjoyed the attention, and everyone else thought he (And the other buns) were gorgeous... my friend has an amazing camera and was taking pics of him :love:

FLOPSY-1.jpg

What an :evil: but great that your OH was prepared to ask him to leave, hopefully he won't come round again!

Also OMG Flopsy is just gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

He really is adorable! :love: How's it going with him now? D'ya think you'll try bonding him with somebun else or is he just a singleton now?

Oh, I didn't know you were a childminder! Is that what you 'do'?

So he knew enough about rabbits to recognise when they are overweight/abused but didn't know that they don't eat BURGERS?!

Eurgh, I hate people like that.

He is beautiful. Perhaps he would like to come and live with my 2 ladies?:D

No burgers allowed though I'm afraid Flopsy!

xxx

Well I'm now in my 3rd year of Uni doing English Lit and Lang, so childminding is just my summer job, but as I'm planning on being an English teacher (I'm hopefully going to do a teaching course in Redruth next year) babysitting is great as I get loads of references to put in my CV ;)
As far as finding Flopsy a friend goes, I will try again, I just won't be doing any of it myself due to last time's disaster (my finger has scarred!!) I'm keeping an eye on my local RSPCA's website, but they only have about 6 rabbits in at any one time and they are usually bonded pairs or single males!
I saw how Flopsy was around Tiara and he was no different to when he's on his own, he never seemed any happier (apart from when he was grooming her ears :love:) but hopefully me and Flopsy find "the one", things will be different!

Beckie20, Flopsy would absolutely LOVE to be so lucky as to have TWO lady friends, but unfortunately, I'm so in love with Flopsy myself that if worst comes to worst, I will bond him with myself, and I'll groom his ears for him :lol: He doesn't know of my plans to extend his hutch yet either, so I'm sure that'll work in my favour and he'll want to be my husbun!!

Beckie20, Flopsy would absolutely LOVE to be so lucky as to have TWO lady friends, but unfortunately, I'm so in love with Flopsy myself that if worst comes to worst, I will bond him with myself, and I'll groom his ears for him :lol: He doesn't know of my plans to extend his hutch yet either, so I'm sure that'll work in my favour and he'll want to be my husbun!!

:lol::lol:

But will you be grooming his ears properly? A brush is all well and good, but it's nothing compared to a bit of tongue!

I've tried, but I can't get that to sound less rude...:?

xxx

sorry you had to endure such a :censored: - you must be way more polite than me:D
beautiful bunny - can we have pics of the others please:wave:

:lol::lol:

But will you be grooming his ears properly? A brush is all well and good, but it's nothing compared to a bit of tongue!

I've tried, but I can't get that to sound less rude...:?

xxx

:lol: Hmm, I'm not too sure what Flopsy would do if I started licking his ears!! He's so cute when he grooms his ears by himself, he pulls them round down by his mouth and licks them, and because hes a lop, its just too adorable to watch :love:.... but I bet it would be even cuter if he had a wifey bun to do it for him... I'll have to take him speed dating and check all the ladies and make sure they are suitable for my bachelor bun!!

Poppymoon, it's a lovely day today, and I don't have much to do, so if the buns are willing to participate in a little photoshoot, I'll take some pics of them all and post them later :D Also, I am waaaay too polite :( I'm surprised I didn't just flip and go mad at Dave, especially when he kept saying how he wanted to put them on the BBQ :censored:

Back