• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I have 4 house rabbits and a non bunny proofed garden so I occasionally take them round my moms to let them have some outside time but I stay with them to keep an eye on them.

My mom said yesterday why don't I buy a hutch to put in her garden and so I can take them round of a sat or sun and leave them out all day. Is this ok? There are no cats around and the garden is escape proof. She said she'd keep checking on them but obviously wouldn't watch them constantly

is this a stupid idea?

aslong as it is completely bunny proof, no other animals can get in and your mum will keep check then i think it should be ok.

I leave mine freerange all day, but theres always someone to keep an eye out etc.

have you thought about getting a run for your own garden? :)

I wouldn't leave mine out free range in a secure garden if they are unattended, they could encounter a random predator anytime. If your there then fine but, I wouldn't risk it personally. Yes edited to add a secure run would be better with the hutch attached.

I wouldn't leave mine out free range in a secure garden if they are unattended, they could encounter a random predator anytime. If your there then fine but, I wouldn't risk it personally. Yes edited to add a secure run would be better with the hutch attached.

I agree its not worth the risk :) xxxxxx

I've known of people who have allowed their bunnies to free range successfully for years, then one day its all gone horribly wrong.... its just not worth the risk in my opinion, a large secure run and shelter is a much safer option, especially if they are still managing to get supervised free ranging. :)

aslong as it is completely bunny proof, no other animals can get in and your mum will keep check then i think it should be ok.

I leave mine freerange all day, but theres always someone to keep an eye out etc.

have you thought about getting a run for your own garden? :)

I agree I used to before we moved, never when I wasnt in though

Back