• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet plan insurance £23!!!!???

emz281

Young Bun
I live in north london and insurance for 1 rabbit is £23.17/month. Why is it so much? I thought it would be max £9. What do you all pay? Thank you:D

How old is your rabbit?

The insurance for mine (I have two on one policy plus discounts so difficult to know what they are individually) ... Rudy and Tink between them are £17, they are 3 years - buck and 2 years - doe. Esme has an individual policy and is £10+something or other (Also two years old , this policy doesn't have multi-pet discount as she was the first insured). Elijah is a little over £9 he's a buck under one year.

I wonder if their breed makes any difference. Previous medical conditions don't put the price up they just make examptions.

That price (£23.17) can't be right, surely :? :shock::shock:

I'm not far outside london in Watford, I pay almost £25 for my 2 minilops, they are getting on for 2 but I ensured them first before they were one year old. I do feel this is quite a lot even for 2 - I pay more for them than I do for my car insurance!

I just went onto the website to get a quote.

For Toffee it quoted me £12.38per month, includes 10% online discount.

For 2 rabbits i got £22.97
For 3 rabbits i got £34.45
For 4 rabbits i got £45.95

Is your amount how much you are currently paying? or how much you got quoted for? If you do it online you get a 10% discount and if you have mulitple pets you get a multi-pet discount.

Also they sometimes have some kind of offer on. I was introduced to them by the vets, picked up a stamped leaflet there, and got 2 months free the first year.

This is for one rabbit mini lop 6 months old...maybe it's because he's so young? Just tried again, making sure I made no mistakes and it still is £23.17....won't be getting insurance at this rate! :cry:

This is for one rabbit mini lop 6 months old...maybe it's because he's so young? Just tried again, making sure I made no mistakes and it still is £23.17....won't be getting insurance at this rate! :cry:

Maybe you'll be best phoning them :? I got a different quote over the phone than what i got online, and online your meant to get discount too :? Confusing

My quote was £26.59 for two 18 month cross breeds and one 5 month french lop. I think for just one the quote was £17 something.

Elijah is insured as a mini lop of 9 months old and he is £8.86, there's multi-pet discount on that but I tried getting quotes for a doe of his age and it came back as £9.76 (with only the on-line discount not the multi-pet one).... I don't understand why yours would be so much higher :?

Maybe you'll be best phoning them :? I got a different quote over the phone than what i got online, and online your meant to get discount too :? Confusing

I think you are right Becky..best to call them.

Just checked out insurance with 'EXOTIC DIRECT' £9 for one £17 for 2 buns. Less excess than pet plan £50 instead of £60. And double the money for covering vet bills £4000, pet plan is £2000/year.

Anyone use them? Are they any good?

I think you are right Becky..best to call them.

Just checked out insurance with 'EXOTIC DIRECT' £9 for one £17 for 2 buns. Less excess than pet plan £50 instead of £60. And double the money for covering vet bills £4000, pet plan is £2000/year.

Anyone use them? Are they any good?

are you sure it covers up to £4k? on my quote it said it would only cover up to £2,000 - same as petplan.
take a look at helpucover as well.

Those two and petplan have all been recommended to me.

Back