• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news - Gasket and Tappet

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
I'm totally devastated, we came home late last night to find the rabbit run caved in and the boys both lying dead in front of the hutch. For four years they have been safe in there. But just this weeek we've had new next door neighbours move in with a husky. They swore she was fine with other animals and since we were out we don't know what happened and we wont know more until a Post mortem is done but it was either that or a fox. I can't stop crying I loved those boys so much. :cry::cry::cry:

:( im so sorry :( r.i.p wee guys,

as you came home late last night, although hard perhaps you could take a closer look at the damaged area to see if any fur from an animal other than your buns is on the wire,

foxes ( this isnt going to sound nice ) do have a habit of just takeing heads of rabbits then coming back for the rest, though not all the time :(

does seem a bit of a coincidence, any sign that a dog could easily enter your garden ??

do you get lots of foxes or even mink or stoats in your area at all mind stoats go through smaller gaps mainly

They look like they've just been shaken to death and left (no visible puncture wounds). That's why I suspect the husky, thought a fox would be more likely to eat part of them or take one away. Yes the dog could get over the fence (its tall enough to put its front paws on the top of the fence) and it is left unsupervised outside to roam in and out. They've only been here a few days and I was assured she wasn't a threat to the buns. If I'd have known I'd have locked them in the hutch when not around. I'm in a mid terrace so got fenced gardens either side. Yes a fox could get in but I think its unlikely - plenty of wild rabbits not far away, never seen a fox within a few hundred yards, plus the way the run is caved in looks like something heavier than a fox did that. I loved those boys.

Jo

I am so sorry for your loss.

What an awful thing to have happened.

Binky free beautiful bunny boys.

That is so sad,I am very sorry,sending you a hug,what has your neighbour said,was their dog left outside whilst they were out? :cry::cry:

I am so sorry to hear this.

I know it is hard but it may be worth going round to your neighbour and talking to them about it. The chances are they will say it couldn't have been their dog but at least you will have warned them of what their dog is capable of.

Lots of hugs,

FC x

oh what a devastating thing to have happened, im so so sorry :cry:

id definatly go and speak to your neighbours, hopefully they'll see how upset you are and be decent about it.

sweet dreams much loved little boys :cry::cry:

How awful. They were such beautiful bunnies, I am so sorry for your loss. Binky at the bridge toegether, lovely boys xx

Back