• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Two Completely Blind Rabbits

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Chloe is now 10. Her sight loss came on gradually due to bilateral cataracts. Chloe has always coped very well and so far her cataracts have not caused any secondary eye problems. Chloe lives with her friend Rodney.

048-1.jpg

Lara is now 9. She went blind very rapidly and consequently she found it very distressing :cry: My Vet is not sure of the exact problem as even though it looks as though she has cataracts they are apparently not :? She also had painful uveitis :cry: Lara was treated with Maxitrol eye drops and Panacur,Metacam and Baytril as a precaution. Given Lara's age I do not think it is in her best interests to put her through a battery of diagnostics. The treatment she was given has taken her discomfort away, the uveitis has resolved and she is now coping much better with being totally blind. Lara is a gentle little Bunny and she has previously always been the one to look after poorly Bunny friends. Now her friend Dermot is looking after her.

010-2.jpg

:love::love::love::love:
Wow, what impressive ages!
What are blind buns like to look after? Are they still quite active or do they tend to stay in an area they are familiar with?

I do hope none of mine go blind, it must be so scary for them :(

Back