• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bit of help please ?

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
just went in to check on the buns and Buffy has had some really bad diarrhoea, it was basically water .. all over her bum & feet, have cleaned her up and she has done some more normal poops, so do you think this is just a wee one off thing ? only thing she has had today apart from hay/pellets, is some spring greens, could it just be to many spring greens ?

I'll keep an eye on her through the night & tomorrow and if she does anymore will pop along to the vets I think,

Poor girlie....No real advice, could be the veg/hot weather? as long as she's pooing, eating hay and drinking, if you're concerned a trip to vets as you suggested :D....hope she'll be back to herself tomorrow...:roll: I mean today! :lol:

Poor girlie....No real advice, could be the veg/hot weather? as long as she's pooing, eating hay and drinking, if you're concerned a trip to vets as you suggested :D....hope she'll be back to herself tomorrow...:roll: I mean today! :lol:

Yeh might just be a mixture of the heat & veg, well after I cleaned her up She ate her pellets and had a drink, now she's away to sleep in the litter tray, she was a bit quiet earlier so I thought something was up, but she's perked up a bit since the diarohoea, maybe had a wee upset tummy

If she's eating, drinking and pooping ok tonight then I'd wait to see how she is.in the morning. As you say, it could just be her being a little piggy with the greens :)
Hope she's ok tomorrow
X

If she's eating, drinking and pooping ok tonight then I'd wait to see how she is.in the morning. As you say, it could just be her being a little piggy with the greens :)
Hope she's ok tomorrow
X

yeh she is very much a little piggy with food, hope it was just that, no more diarrhoea through the night, so will just keep an eye on her through out the day

Hi :wave:
So glad theres been no more diarrhoea. Maybe cut out the veg for a couple of days to make sure and make sure shes drinking plenty of water to keep her from getting dehydrated.
Sounds like shes fine now though :D xxx

Hi :wave:
So glad theres been no more diarrhoea. Maybe cut out the veg for a couple of days to make sure and make sure shes drinking plenty of water to keep her from getting dehydrated.
Sounds like shes fine now though :D xxx

yeah I think I'll do that, it may even have been a dodgy spring green, but hopefully she will be ok now :)

here is a pic of the big yin

SAM_3008.jpg

Back