• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie humping grace again.

Grace65

Warren Veteran
:wave:
Hi all,
Ive had charlie and gracie bonded for just a week and its all gone well they have been grooming and lying next to each other etc but last night he started trying to hump her again, she seems ok she isnt aggressive at all but kept on running away and this went on all through last night.

Thing is he was doing this when i just started bonding them and i`m a little bit confused as to why its started again after he seemed to calm right down.

Does anyone know if this is normal and how long it is likely to go on for and is it upsetting for gracie, and should i intervene?

Ive been on the sofa again last night but was able to go to bed for 1 night this week and now im feeling nervous again.
Ive been out to the bosworth show today and had my sister pop in and out all day just to check they are ok and all seems fine but how long is the constant humping likely to continue for? xxxxxxxxxx

Charlie tried to do that again after him and Mable were bonded, so I sat them both in the bathroom (neuteral) for an hour and it was always a perfect bond after that
I think it's just the name :lol:

Often bonded rabbits will hump each other. Does she have a box or a stool that she duck into when it becomes annoying? Are they free range house bunnies?

Often bonded rabbits will hump each other. Does she have a box or a stool that she duck into when it becomes annoying? Are they free range house bunnies?

Yes both are free range in the house, and yes when he is relentless with it like he was last night she jumps on top of the dog crate out of his way, im worried it might be upsetting her.

Today was the first day i left them but my sister kept on popping in and i left the kitchen door open so she could go upstairs if he got too annoying, shes safe upstairs as charlie wont go upstairs.

Am i doing right by leaving them together its been nearly a week and no fighting at all. xx

Well we had a quiet night, both are lying together under the fan again, charlie did a bit of chasing this morning but gracie just runs away but dosent seem stressed, will just keep my eye on the both for the time being. xxxxx

Back