• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely hay in Billericay U/D and in Upminster too

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up as I know lots of Essex people were starting to get desperate for hay - I went to Little Burstead Farm Shop today and they had plenty of bales of this year's freshly cut timothy hay. :D

It looks and smells gorgeous and Alfie & Bubbles dived straight into a pile of it as soon as I put it in - they've been having meadow hay but they weren't so keen on that.

Last edited:
Just a heads up as I know lots of Essex people were starting to get desperate for hay - I went to Little Burstead Farm Shop today and they had plenty of bales of this year's freshly cut timothy hay. :D

It looks and smells gorgeous and Alfie & Bubbles dived straight into a pile of it as soon as I put it in - they've been having meadow hay but they weren't so keen on that.

Ooh I got some amazing meadow hay there last week, really green and fresh, but they didn't have the new timothy in yet... should have waited! Guess I'll have to go and get some more

daughter and son in law are in essex today for a wedding - i wonder if i could text them... :lol::lol::lol:

hmmmm wish it would hurry up and arrive in norfolk.. i miss the nice bales of hay i used to get but everywhere here has run out :(

*seen billericay and thought of gavin and stacey*

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles say it's delicious - I put a huge pile in after dinner and it's all gone. I might wake up tomorrow to find they've eaten so much they've both exploded. :shock: :lol:

I hope Norfolk gets some hay soon. :D I had a few weeks where I had to take bales that weren't quite so nice, or buy some pretty awful pet shop stuff just to tide me over. I now have 2 bales (one meadow, one timothy) so the buns are sorted for a while.

I hope Norfolk gets some hay soon. :D I had a few weeks where I had to take bales that weren't quite so nice, or buy some pretty awful pet shop stuff just to tide me over. I now have 2 bales (one meadow, one timothy) so the buns are sorted for a while.

Yeah i havent had a bale of hay for about a month now so we are using petshop hay. A few days after i started using this simba has mites again and is half bald :roll:

They're £5.50 - meadow and timothy (unless she likes Lou more than me and gives her discount :lol::lol:). I think they're dearer than lots pay, but the quality is worth it. :D

Just bumping as I picked up some megazorb from Manor Farm Shop, Upminster yesterday and checked out the hay while I was there. They had quite a few bales and it was lovely and green - much better quality than it's been for a while. ;)

I was gearing up to go to Billericay but before I went thought I'd call ours and see what they had in and they have gorgeous, yummy green hay. My hayfever does not like it, but the bunnies love it.

So nice to have hay coming back in. Phew!

I'm glad you managed to get some locally in the end. :D:D My new bales aren't doing my hayfever any favours either. :lol::lol:

We'd had an awful few wks without any nice stuff and it makes you realise just how abysmal (sp?) pet shop hay is.

I'm getting very tempted by a trip to Little Burstead... Do they still do bags of hay and not just bales? I don't need as much as a bale these days.

Ooh that sounds good then. :) Are they open on Sundays? Sorry - so many questions! :lol:

Back