• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ears down - what does it mean?

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Charlee's ears are usually up. When she is curious they are up and forward. But they are never usually down. I went in to shut her up for the night and she was sitting on her ledge with both ears back. Does this mean anything significant?

Just went back in and she has one ear up and one ear back. I am kinda worried that she might be ill or something - I am used to her ears being up. She is a nethie btw.

Still one ear up, one ear down. She is sort of chilling on her ledge - y'know the position where they tuck their feet underneath their dewlap so it looks like they got no legs? I even try tempting her with a raisin to get her ears to poke up normal..but nope. I just need to know what this is a sign of in rabbits, I am still learning their body language and haven't come across this before.

My nethies sometimes sit like this - they look well grumpy when they do, tho!

Not sure exactly what it means myself :?, but they soon pop their ears up if they think they're missing something :lol:

is it not just a relaxed pose, unless they are pinned right back then its angry ?

my lot do it when they are sleeping

nearly all my buns are like this right now :lol: :love:, this is their nap time before their night time free range riot :roll:

Thanks guys! I ended up picking her up and giving her a cuddle. She hopped off after 15 minutes with her ears back up. I then spent the next 15 minutes trying to coax her back into her cage! So my plan for an early night didn't really eventuate! Next time she has her ears down I will know she is relaxed and won't bother her. :D

Back