• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasps!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I was just taking the rabbits on from their outdoor runs. I got Oddeye and treacle first, no problem. Then went to catch Runt and Xena, suddenly I felt a sting, like a strong nettle sting on my hand, gave my hand a vigourous shake and then got stabbed on the leg- realised it had to be wasps.

Got Thumper and Milly in last, everybody else was in previously and are in a different type of run. After everybody was safe I grabbed a troch and had a look. All 3 runs have various sizes of wasp byke in them. I really hate killing anything, but I can't risk the buns, so its off tomorrow morning for some killer, before anybody goes out. I've slapped some vinegar on the stings and hoping I'm not allergic to wasp stings- very sore though.

ew ew ew i really feel for you, you're so brave i'd have freaked out after the first sting!
Hope they're ok today and hope you manage to get rid of the little :evil:'s safely xxx

Unless you've been stung by a wasp you can't realise how painful it actually is. I worked at a childrens adventure park when I was a teenager and one flew up my skirt and stung me on the bum and then I picked up a washing cloth and a wasp was in it and stung my hand. Ouch!

My hand and leg are both still sore and swollen. I've kept the buns inside today until we get the nests removed. Just bought some nest killer and wasp killer- feel horrible aboout it but its got to be done. Only thing is, you have to be within 6 feet of the nest to spray it- its a foam that must block off the excits or something- here's hoping I don't get stung again. At least now I know I'm not allergic.

Mike did say if it had been him, we would have been chasing a rabbit around the garden, but I carried on calmly and got the buns in safely.:D

The wasps are gone, I sprayed the big nest with wasp killer first and the nest killer after. Such a shame, when I went to clean up there was a pile of dead wasps and larvae, and the nest was destroyed. Still now the buns are safe and back outside, which is better on a hot day like today.

It really stings:( I got stung once when a wasp landed on my top and I accidentaly put my arm down and nearly squashed it and it stung me. This was a thorpe park so for the rest of the day it stung:(
Hope your stings get better soon.

It must have been a hard thing to do but now the bunnies are safe as you say:D

Unless you've been stung by a wasp you can't realise how painful it actually is. I worked at a childrens adventure park when I was a teenager and one flew up my skirt and stung me on the bum and then I picked up a washing cloth and a wasp was in it and stung my hand. Ouch!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry :oops:

I am scared stiff of bees and wasps.. I was stung as a child when running around the garden with no shoes on... I still dont wear shoes in the garden.. I am stupid cos I know I will tread on one again especially as my lawn is all clover at the moment :roll:

Same here one flew up my skirt and got me straight on the bum :oops:
it blooming well hurt aswell the crafty things. xxxxxx

Back