• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apparently my rabbits are not allowed to take over the garden...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
....but so far they've managed pretty well with the aviary and ever expanding run :lol:

They can't free range cos of too many plants which are bad for them, including a constantly shedding eucalyptus tree, but they're managing to take over most of the lawn with their run now :D

bunniesnewrunlittleboysjune2010a-1.jpg

bunniesnewrunlittleboysjune2010a-7.jpg

bunniesnewrunlittleboysjune2010a-3.jpg

bunniesnewrunlittleboysjune2010a-5.jpg

bunniesnewrunlittleboysjune2010a-12.jpg

bunniesnewrunlittleboysjune2010a-8.jpg

That looks great - is that just net curtain over the top of the run? Do you leave them unattended? I have a run like that but nothing to go over the top.

That looks great - is that just net curtain over the top of the run? Do you leave them unattended? I have a run like that but nothing to go over the top.

They only go in the big area if I'm around, cos I'm paranoid about the sparrow hawks around here. The net is one of those princess bed canopies - Blackie is sooo not impressed that it's pink :lol:

They only go in the big area if I'm around, cos I'm paranoid about the sparrow hawks around here. The net is one of those princess bed canopies - Blackie is sooo not impressed that it's pink :lol:

Ooh, thats a good idea! I am not worried about birds.. we dont have ANY around here... but tons of cats in the area.

wow it looks great! wish my bunnies could have something that big but my garden isn't flat, it is tiered :( i like that little gazebo thing in your run where did you get it? My reggie would love that as he likes sitting under things

wow it looks great! wish my bunnies could have something that big but my garden isn't flat, it is tiered :( i like that little gazebo thing in your run where did you get it? My reggie would love that as he likes sitting under things

The gazebo is from a car boot sale - never seen another one like it.

Ooohhh it's so cool! :D xx

Fantastic! It's sort of made me feel better too 'cos we plan to free range ours on the patio but only let them graze on the lawn via a run because we have too many plants that wouldn't be good for them. (And partly because they'd trash the garden, I'm sure! ;))

Looks really good!! x :wave:

Ooohhh it's so cool! :D xx

Fantastic! It's sort of made me feel better too 'cos we plan to free range ours on the patio but only let them graze on the lawn via a run because we have too many plants that wouldn't be good for them. (And partly because they'd trash the garden, I'm sure! ;))

Looks really good!! x :wave:

They've already discovered they can pull in the leaves from a rose bush through the bars :lol:

We have lots of bulbs, the eucalyptus tree, and loads of other plants that we don't think are good for them, plus they're so small they could get through various small gaps, and we don't want to lose them.

Well I certainly don't think they're missing out!! Lucky, lucky bunnies!! :love:

They are such cuties xx

The buns' are taking over in other ways..... I mean; part of the reasons for us growing the apple, willow and hazel trees is so that when they are bigger I can use branches as chews. Then there's the herbs and salad leaves I've just planted.

And now I will be planting some fly-repellent-nommable' plants on the patio next to the run for them plus a climbing bramble to grow up and over on to the patio - safe and nommable.

They're not even outside yet! :lol:

Once again I have garden envy :(
My patch of grass is covered with flags and bricks destined for the drive *sighs*
I love your set up ... and I think it's hilarious they sit in the pot too :lol:

loved those photos.
What lucky buns they are.
And lucky you for the pleasure they seem to have given you.
(not forgetting the worries they heve brought you:()

Back