• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

since i just brought my bunny home i thought i'd do this officially

doot26

Warren Scout
hi my names amy i'm a mum to one little boy i have a g-pig who is just called guinea pig lol and i just picked up my french lop buck cooper today hes my avatar pic and i cant wait untill he settles so we can get to know him :wave:

he's def a french lop lol he's just gone 9 weeks so i think he's gotta grow into them big lugs:lol: lol he is sooooo adorable i'm gettin some stick for calling him cooper but i like it hes already like the size of an adult mini lop and dad is 6kg so he's gonna be a big thank god ive space thats all i can say lol :love:

hi nursecroft yeah i am my vets has advised gettin him the snip between 4 and six months depending on his size and health etc. and i have already put in a app with my local rescue so they will let me know if a suitable ladybun is available and they will also help with bonding etc but we've time yet so theres no hurry in the meantime i am home 24/7 so he wont be alone and once he settles i have a huge garden which is now totally rabbit proofed and my back hall and kitchen is also safe so once he's settled and used to us he will be pretty free roaming most of the time but yes he will have a lady friend asap :p

hi nursecroft yeah i am my vets has advised gettin him the snip between 4 and six months depending on his size and health etc. and i have already put in a app with my local rescue so they will let me know if a suitable ladybun is available and they will also help with bonding etc but we've time yet so theres no hurry in the meantime i am home 24/7 so he wont be alone and once he settles i have a huge garden which is now totally rabbit proofed and my back hall and kitchen is also safe so once he's settled and used to us he will be pretty free roaming most of the time but yes he will have a lady friend asap :p

Sounds like a very well looked after and loved Bunny :love:

well a lot of forethought and effort went into him before we even met him ya'd think we were having another child lol but seeing as my last mini lop passed away at 9 years i know its a long term committment so no point in not doing the best we can just hope he settles well and doesnt stress to much at being away from his bro's and sis' fingers crossed poor wee mite but he's eating drinking and throwing things around his hutch so he must be ok he looks tiny in our mammoth hutch at the mo hard to think how big he's gonna get

What a lucky bun! :D Welcome to RU! :wave:

thanks everyone i'm sure i will be asking questions for weeks on here everyone is so helpfull its like having a huge practical rabbit encyclopedia on hand without being tied to one opinion or view your all fantastic i wish more people would come on here there would be a lot more happier and healthier bunny's out there..

not perfect but trying hopefully ive learned enough and will be clued up enough to keep him happy and healthy for a very long life with us . i'm not sure how to get pics up took me hours to get that avatar lol but i will try only have a couple now since i dont wanna bug him as he was warm and stressed from traveling (even though we managed to do it in 20 mins total) its very warm today and i think it was tough on him . o and i'm probably asking in the wrong place but is there anything else i can do to ease his transition except give him peace just dont wanna not do something if it'l make it easier for him . ive bedding from his litter and hes on his same food has loads of hay and water a nice cosy bed and a couple toys etc.

Back