• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what temp affects buns?

About 26 degrees they start to struggle. But don't forget, even if it gets that warm in a room in your house, which would require a South facing room with curtains open unless a VERY hot day, cool air sinks so it will always be a degree or two less at floor level where bunnies hang out.

eta obviously older buns and poorly buns may have difficulty pre 26 degrees, but this is the same for eldery and sick humans too. Thermoregulation when you are not fit and healthy can be tricky.

Its supposed to get up to 30 degrees here on Sunday :shock: I might bring mine indoors to the kitchen so they can lie on the cool tiles. Their hutch is in the shade but I think it will still be too warm :(

Its supposed to get up to 30 degrees here on Sunday :shock: I might bring mine indoors to the kitchen so they can lie on the cool tiles. Their hutch is in the shade but I think it will still be too warm :(
Yep going to be 30c here too:(

its ok for mine of a weekend because im home and can have the aircon on.. its when im at work im so worried

they seem unaffected when it gets up to 28 degrees and i was hoping it was a higher temp that causes issues, im going to be so worried all summer i guess :(:(

Well my Alfie Bun is just strange lately :?

His breathing problems seem fine in extreme weather (in the winter when we had the cold and now it's hot), but during months of March/April when we had what I would call a 'normal' temparture he really struggled.

I have come to the conclusion he is just extra sepcial :lol:

Sora is really struggling with the heat at the moment (even at night) her breathing is quite rapid and her ears look so heavy on her :( I've left them in the living room today whilst I'm at work rather than put them outside, because it does seem to be much cooler in the house than outside where it's about 28 :? it'll be hotter at the weekend but fortunately I will be at home and can get the aircon going!

I haven't had this worry for years because aside from a couple of unusually warm days in April we haven't had a proper hot summer here since 2006...they've all been more washout than warm!

Don't forget as well that hot air rises and they are at floor level.

People have been at home here today so all doors and windows are open BUT Louie is still lying in the South facing red hot conservatory so he can't be too hot!

This heat has done nothing but worry me.. Having never had my fatty bun Bob's off her food or even picky scared the beejaysus out of me.. Carlo is just grumpy and thumpy :cry:

Bramble is breathing quite heavily, and has just flopped out in his run. Luckily he is out of the sun now. I do worry about him in this heat though.

There's only one solution Donna, get your bum up to Scotland!! It's only to get to about 21 degrees up here this weekend according to my widget. :lol:

Is there no way you can get a security grid for your windows so you can still leave it open but it will be burglar proof?

There's only one solution Donna, get your bum up to Scotland!! It's only to get to about 21 degrees up here this weekend according to my widget. :lol:

Is there no way you can get a security grid for your windows so you can still leave it open but it will be burglar proof?

skint, so spending money on security is a no go and same with moving too, my landlords didnt even give me a security light so they wont pay up for a grille thing.... i really think i have SAD because i feel so damn miserable in this weather i want to just go to bed, oh no i cant :censored: sleep its so hot :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I'm watching on the web cam, first time I've been able to view in ages :D

One fat bum is more or less blocking out the camera view :lol::lol:

Back