• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pip seems to have mastered

Becca24

Mama Doe
the litter training thing! :D

All wees go in the tray in the living bit of the hutch. Most of the poos are in there too apart from the odd handful! He has 3 trays and used to use all 3 but now only 1 and somtimes the other one in the hutch, but the one in the run only gets used a hay tray So I am a rather proud bunny mummy at the moment! :)

But I was wondering when we move him into the shed will be forget his litter training as it will be a new environment or if the same tray is in the there will he just start using it the same as in the hutch? :?:?

Dont wanta confuse the poor boy! :lol:

Yay for Pip.

I would say when you move him, move him with the trays that have been used and have urine and poo in already because then, if he does forget, they will remind him. I think he will probably lose it for a while as he marks his territory, and he will lose it again when Fizz is around (especially when she gets hormones), but hopefully he will always relearn.

To be fair to Pip he has always been pretty clean, never did get to the spraying stage or anything. I think your advice on not overly cleaning the trays etc helped with him using them!

I bought a under bed storage tray yesterday but prob wont use it for a while. Will prob just move everything from his hutch straight in the shed so some familiar smell and I may even let him explore it a few times before I actually move him in there!

:D yey! I agree you should move his original trays for now, perhaps when you move onto the box you could put some soiled litter in there at first so he knows that's what's meant to go in there

Back