• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom Pregnancy?

Ive read a few older posts and i think Dolly is having a phantom pregnancy. Didnt post this in health because im not too worried, just never experienced one before.

Last night i was wetting myself at dolly skipping around her hutch with her mouth full of hay and straw. When i realised what was going on i wondered if i should do anything or let it run its course.

Shes nesting and Marley is just sat watching her from a distance with a bemused expression on his face! :lol: Im sure thats what shes doing anyway, her nipples have also come up over the last week and shes a bit growly when i come for her on a morning.

The one thing i am worried about though is if she starts to pluck hair, shes still reacting to the VHD vaccine and im worried she causes more damage to herself since the wounds around her shoulder and chest still havent healed and are still weepy.

Any advice? Should i let it run its course and have her speyed in august as planned or dismantle the nest every day? Could it be Clarence, the unaltered buck in the hutch next to her that has triggered it? I dont really know a lot, how will she react when there are no kits? Is Marley ok to stay in there with her?

Thanks in advance. :)

She should be ok. Just let it run its course (and mind your fingers, as she might become a grouchy bum!)

Has she been spayed yet? That should stop it.

I can't for the life of me remember whether you should take out her nest, but I'm leaning towards not (as she'd probably just make a new one).

Marley should be fine to stay with her.

She should be ok. Just let it run its course (and mind your fingers, as she might become a grouchy bum!)

Has she been spayed yet? That should stop it.

I can't for the life of me remember whether you should take out her nest, but I'm leaning towards not (as she'd probably just make a new one).

Marley should be fine to stay with her.

Thanks teddy's mummy. Thats what i thought, just let her get on with it although poor Marley is trying to get some hay and shes hopping around and running off with it all :roll::lol: just been to put more hay in as shes managed to get every scrap into her bed!

Is this an indication that she can be spayed, like a males testicles dropping? she isn't 6 months old yet and was due for a spey in august but if i can wait for this little episode to finish, give her a couple of weeks and then book her in sooner that would be great.

Some vets will spay at 5 months, but most want to wait until she's 6 months, to make sure everything is fully formed inside.

Some vets will spay at 5 months, but most want to wait until she's 6 months, to make sure everything is fully formed inside.

Ill just wait it out then :)

Shes made such a mess, i cleaned them all out yesterday afternoon too!:roll:

I think Marley actually apreciates my efforts though, hes a VERY tidy bun. Must be a nightmare since he moved in with Dolly! :lol:

The day before I had Tinkerbell spayed, she made the most amazing nest in the cupboard under the sink!

Back