• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't help but worry

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
My baby bunny (Boo, in my sig) is 17 weeks old. She's a little dot. Sooo cute! Happy as larry and loves to play.
Martyn went to the rescue the other day and saw her 4 brothers, and they're all LOADS bigger than her.

Last time I had a baby that was loads smaller she died at 6 months. I'm scared the same will happen with Boo :cry:

They were all the same size when we got her, and that was the same with Dylan's sister Minnie. She was only a teeny bit smaller to start, but she never caught up. She was noticeably the runt though, wheras Boo isn't.

Am I over reacting?

Is she gaining weight on a regular basis ?

I expect she gets alot more exercise than her siblings in Rescue and that may account for some of the size difference.

I would get her checked over by your Vet if you haven't already done so :)

Is she gaining weight on a regular basis ?

I expect she gets alot more exercise than her siblings in Rescue and that may account for some of the size difference.

I would get her checked over by your Vet if you haven't already done so :)

She's definatley growing. And she is out every day so she's a lovely slim shaped bunny :love:
I hope it is just coz we have her out more. We picked her coz 1) shes beautiful, 2) has a lovely temperment and 3) she looks like she's gonna be a reasonable sized bunny when she's fully grown. She's going to live with Wookie, and he's such a clumsy oaf he used to knock little Nibbles over if he got over excited, so we vowed not to get another small bunny for him.

it's only natural to worry!

Get the vet to take a look, but as long as she seems ok then I imagine she is. Sure it's just from all the excercise. It just means that she's fit and healthy!

Edited to add that she's incredibly cute - hope we can see more pics soon :) *hint*

Last edited:
don't worr hon, Marsha is still tiny (one grab from same litter is nearly double her size) and shes still goin strong at just over 3 yrs old.

Im sure shes fine xx

Back