• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've found a stray rabbit...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I got called by someone in our village who said that she's spotted a domestic rabbit running up and down the road for a week and she's worried that it's not going to survive much longer as it has already been attacked by a cat :cry: and could I come and catch it.

It took me 2 hours to catch her, now she's in my carrier, she's been to the vets, had a teeth check, a shot of anti-bios, some metoclopramide and been force fed ... I don't know what to do now. She's not eating, I have some of the syringe feeding stuff from when Ralph last got stasis. She hasn't had a drink. I don't know how to make her drink?

She's a tame, gorgeous thing (will put pictures up soon!)

What do I do now? My OH doesn't want another bunny!

first thing she will be in a bit of shock loose for a week ish caught by a stranger rushed to vets then force fed,

how long have you had her settled at yours ?

has she pooed ?

I would suggest backing off and leaving her alone to settle.

I would call radio stations, put up posters, call rabbit rescues and the RSPCA.

Don't put any pictures or descriptions up for anyone in the public to see because people may try and claim for a bunny that's not theirs. Only give details to places like vets and the RSPCA.

well done for catching her:D

some people make me sick:evil:

i suppose try a local rescue but i think they're all mega busy:( (i'm at a wedding in oxford tomorrow - i'll come and steal her:p - i wish...).

she's not drinking from a bowl or bottle? may sound daft but if she's been loose she may have been drinking from puddles - could you water the slabs (if she's outside)?.

aww well done for catching her,

Maybe put up 'rabbit found' poster dont put a description on until they come to you - try vets and local rspca etc - someone may be looking for her/him if the bun is tame! If no-one turns up after a week or so - If you cant keep her, maybe keep her until she is fit and well (though I guess you dont want to be paying out vets bills) and rehome her on here, There must be someone that can take her - are there any rescues near you??

We MUST see pictures though ;):love:

i would do posters etc in case someone is lookign for her. i would just leave her to settle, she probably wont eat infront of you, she will feel more relaxed alone i am sure. well done for catching her, im sure a rescue will offer some help once they have some space :)

xx

I agree with standing back for a while. Keep her quiet for at least 24 hours with access to tasty food and a water bowl and a water bottle. Then see.

I agree with the others. Firstly, well done for getting her and taking her to a vets :D

Keep her in the carrier or set up a little area for her if you can, but maybe try and keep it dark. Put her different food down and a water bottle and bowl, then just leave her.

She'll be very stressed and scared.

Hope she starts perking up soon.

Does she remind anyone of anybun???

DSC03244.jpg

Shes lovely.

I would put up some posters in case she hasn't been dumped. Then the Blue Cross at Burford are never inundated with bunnies. I would call them and see if they will take her.

PS I would drop a note off to each school in Charlbury, before the holidays, and see if the Head will ask in assembly if anyone has lost a bunny.

Last edited:
What a beautiful bunny she looks well looked after so surely someone must be missing her. Try Blue Cross as suggested or BARKS in Woodford Halse. Such a shame she would have been perfect for Buzz. :love:

She looks like Poppy and Dotty from Alices who were recently adopted......

If you weren't able to have her, Alice may well consider her (as she is in 'danger') and I would be willing to take her there. Perhaps send her a PM?

OR just wait for your OH to fall in love with her ;):lol::lol::lol:

I was told no after 2 and now have 4 :lol::lol: Who can resist those iccle bunny ears and soppy eyes :D

Back